These Crispy Thyme Potato Stacks are so tasty with crispy edges and soft inside. They only require four main ingredients and 10 minutes of your time to prepare them, the rest is taken care of by the oven. Serve them as a side dish to just about any main course, because everything pairs with crispy and tasty potato stacks. They are also great to serve with dip sauce as an appetizer or just have as a snack when you want something yummy to eat. These crispy thyme potato stacks are vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Potato dishes are always a winner, because who doesn’t like these lovely little round root vegetables? Not only are they very wallet friendly, they’re also incredibly versatile and pairs with just about everything! Making potatoes as a side dish is always a winning concept, since you really can’t go wrong with it. But you don’t have to serve good old cooked or roasted potatoes, since they’re so many other amazing and tasty ways to prepare them. These crispy thyme potato stacks for example! Slicing the potatoes into really thin slices, then layered together to create a potato stack results in these lovely potatoes with crispy edges and a wonderful tender and creamy inside that makes them extra delicious and scrumptious. Vary and adjust the seasoning and add-ins depending on what you’re serving them with. You can really use any herbs and spice that you like, top with some cheese or why not add some honey that will make them extra caramelized?!
A few tips:
- Make sure to slice the potatoes into equally thin slices to make sure they have the same baking time.
- Make equally high stacks, also to make sure they have the same baking time.
- You can make these potato stacks in the oven or in an air fryer.
- Bake the stacks covered with aluminium foil to begin with, to get the potatoes softened and not too burnt right away. Then remove the foil and bake until golden brown, crispy around the edges and soft in the middle.
- You can vary and adapt the seasoning and add-ins depending on what you’re serving these potato stacks with. Add your favorite grated cheese, try different herbs, use your favorite spices, drizzle with honey to add sweetness and make the potatoes extra caramelized.
Ingredients for these Crispy Thyme Potato Stacks:
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Dried or fresh thyme
- Garlic (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Roasted Potatoes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Basil Sauce (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Baked Sweet Potato Halves with Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Potato Roses (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Sweet Potato & Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Smashed Potatoes with Creme Fraiche & Fish Roe (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Halloumi & Sweet Potato Stack (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Oil Free)
- Hasselback Potatoes Three Ways With A Mix Of Swedish & Asian Influences (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Hasselback Potatoes with Chanterelles & Gruyere (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
Crispy Thyme Potato Stacks (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Dairy Free)
- 4-6 medium Waxy potatoes thinly sliced, preferably on a mandolin
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp Dried thyme (or about 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves)
- 2 Garlic cloves (optional) minced
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or the air fryer to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the potatoes into thin slices, preferably using a mandolin. Add to a big bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add sea salt, thyme and garlic (if using). Mix thoroughly.
- Divide potato slices between muffins tins. Drizzle with more olive oil on top (optional).
- Cover with aluminium foil and place in the oven/air fryer. Bake for 20-25 minutes the oven or 15-20 minutes in the air fryer. Remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes in the oven or 15-20 minutes in the air fryer, until the potatoes are golden brown and soft.
- Remove from the oven, run a knife around the edges to release the potato stacks. Serve immediately.
One thought on “Crispy Thyme Potato Stacks (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free)”