This fresh and delicious Asian Inspired Noodle Salad Bowl is a wonderful salad bowl that is tasty, easy and healthy at the same time. It is made with just a few easy ingredients and ready to serve in 10 minutes. Serve it for lunch, as a main course or side dish. It is great on it’s own just as it is or top it with your favorite protein. This salad is both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Making an easy, tasty, fresh and colorful salad bowl is so simple, easy, quick and delicious to make. You can just use a mix of vegetables and ingredients that you have at home and you have a wonderful and delicious salad bowl. This version is a noodle and salad bowl made with easy, fresh and colorful summer vegetables, low carb shirataki noodles and a fresh light dressing. For this salad bowl you can use any noodles that you like or have at home. The vegetables can easily be varied and adjusted acceding to what you like or have at home. Just use vegetables of different colors and texture to get an interesting, versatile and colorful salad. This salad is delicious on its own or to top with your favorite protein. Serve it for lunch, as a main course or side dish. It is both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use fresh and crunchy vegetables for this salad and not the once that are tuning wrinkly and a bit sad (use them to make a lovely stir fry, fried rice, stew, lasagna or roasted vegetables).
- This salad can be made raw, but you can also quickly fry the bell pepper, carrot, cabbage and zucchini noodles if you want them slightly warm. But don’t fry them for too long, no more than 1 1/2 minute. This salad bowl should still be very fresh and crunchy.
- Use your favorite noodles to make this bowl. I used shirataki noodles.
- One of my best tips when making a salad or salad bowl is to cut the vegetables in different shapes and forms. Like here we have spiralized noodles, shaved carrot, thinly sliced cabbage, and long stripes of red bell pepper. This makes the salad more interesting than if you cut all the vegetables into the same shape.
- Serve this salad as it is or top it with you favorite protein.
Ingredients for this Asian Inspired Noodle Salad Bowl:
- Noodles of your choice (I used shirataki noodles)
- Red bell pepper
- Red cabbage
- Furikake seasoning or sesame seeds
- Rice vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Agave or fiber syrup
- Fresh ginger
- Garlic (optional)
- Red chili (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Raw Pad Thai (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini Carpaccio (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- All Green Salad (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Raw Beetroot Carpaccio with Fennel & Pomegranate Seeds (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad Bowl (vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Tofu Bowl with A Spicy Tamarind Dressing (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
- Zucchini & Polka Beet Summer Salad (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Summer Vegetable Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini Carpaccio with Ricotta Cream (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Radish Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & low Carb)
Asian Inspired Noodle Salad Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 2 servings Noodles of your choice (I used shirataki noodles)
- 1 small Zucchini spiralized
- 1 Red bell pepper cored and sliced
- 1 Carrot shaved
- 2 dl Red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 Scallion (both white and green parts) thinly sliced
- Cilantro, to top
- Furikake seasoning or sesame seeds, to top
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp Agave or fiber syrup
- Fresh ginger, to taste grated
- 1 Garlic clove (opitonal) grated or minced
- 1 tsp Red chili (optional) finely chopped
- Cook the noodles according to instructions. If using shirataki noodles as I did, drain them well.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- Spiralize the zucchini, slice, shave and chop the rest of the vegetables.
- If you want you can quickly fry the bell pepper, cabbage, carrot and zucchini noodles for just 1- 1 1/2 minute to get them slightly warm if you want. (Optional).
- Add the noodles, spiralized zucchini and prepared vegetables to a big bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and noodles and mix to combine.
- Divide the noodle salad between two bowls. Top with furikake seasoning and cilantro.