If you’re looking for a tasty, flavorful, delicious yet quick, easy and healthy meal this Chicken Noodle Stir Fry is a must try! This meal is made with mostly staple ingredients that you most probably have at home and a few Asian ingredients that are easy to find in most larger stores. Making this dish is really quick and easy, and it is ready to serve in just 15-20 minutes. You can make it both for meal prep purpose, delicious weeknight meal or cozy weekend dinner. It is gluten, grain free and low carb (if using shirataki noodles as I did).
Stir fried are not only life savers when you need something quick and easy to eat, have to clean out the fridge, but also perfect to make both for a simple and easy weeknight meal as well as a cozy and tasty weekend dinner. This stir fry is made using minced chicken, carrot and white cabbages as a base, seasoned with chili, tamari (soy sauce), rice vinegar, sesame oil and kimchi, just to mention a few. It is really easy to adapt and vary by using different vegetables, add-ins and adjusting the sauce depending on what your in the mood for. You can make this stir fry with any noodles that you like or have at home but also using rice to mix things up. This chicken noodle stir fry is ready to serve in just about 15 minutes!
A few tips:
- Use good quality minced chicken, preferably an organic one if possible.
- I used white cabbage for this chicken stir fry, but you can also use red cabbage, point cabbage or even Savoy cabbage (bu then you have to add it to the pan a little later since it cookes faster than regular cabbage).
- The amount if chili and kimchi can be adjusted according to how spicy you prefer your food.
- I used tamari for the stir fry, but you can also use regular soy sauce.
- I used sugar free brown sugar for this recipe, but you can also use agave, fiber syrup or honey. The purpose is to add a little bit of sweetness, hence all three will work, even though they sauce will taste slightly different depending on which one you use.
- Fry the minced chicken until it goes from pink to pale/white. But do not fry it for too long so it turns out dry. The minced chicken will keep on cooking in the sauce, so don’t worry about it being raw.
- Make sure to stir the stir fry regularly when you’ve added the chicken to avoid any big lumps of minced chicken from forming. You want small, equally sized pieces.
Ingredients for this Chicken Noodle Stir Fry:
- Noodles of you choice (I used shirataki fettuccini)
- Minced chicken
- Yellow onion
- Fresh ginger
- Red chili
- White cabbage
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Rince vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Sesame oil
- Sugar free brown sugar (or fiber syrup/agave/honey)
Other recipes you might like:
- Sticky Chicken Meatball Bowl (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Chicken Salad Wrap (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Healthy Chicken Larb with Cauliflower Rice (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Kimchi Fried Cauliflower Rice (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Beef Salad (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Bibimbap with Ribeye (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Korean Sticky Meatballs with Fresh Vegetables (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Inspired Noodle Salad Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Tahini Sauce Noodles with Brussel Sprouts, Kale & Mushrooms (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Spicy Gochujang Noodles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Chicken Noodle Stir Fry (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 2 portions Noodles of you choice (I used shirataki fettuccini noodles)
- 250 g Minced chicken
- 1 Yellow onion chopped
- 2-3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 cm Fresh ginger grated or minced
- 1/2-1 Red chili minced
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 dl White cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sugar free brown sugar or fiber syrup/agave/honey
- 1/2 dl Kimchi
- Oil, to fry
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- Cook the noodles according to instruction.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Add the yellow onion and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, grated or minced ginger, minced chili and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Next add the carrot and white cabbage, fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the minced chicken, stir to combine, fry for about five minutes, stirring regularly to breaking it up regularly to avoid any large mince pieces.
- Combine tamari, rice vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil and brown sugar/honey in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken when it has turned from pink to white. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat another non stick pan and dry roast the peanuts until golden brown.
- Place noodles in two bowls. Divide the chicken stir fry between the bowls, top with dry roasted peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.