This recipe is for a spicy and flavourful yet light and fresh Kimchi Fried Cauliflower Rice. It comes together in only 15 minutes and is very effortless to make. This dish is perfect to make when you want something flavourful with lot of taste, yet want to keep it light and fresh. It is perfect to make for a quick lunch, weeknight dinner or for meal prep purposes.
Im a sucker for Asian flavours, and Korean food has a special place in my heart. And kimchi is definitely one of my favorite condiments. Not only is kimchi so healthy containing lot of healthy nutrients but also good for your stomach since it contains probiotics. I used cauliflower rice for my recipe since Im not a big fan of rice, and I also prefer the dish to be light and I tend to feel that rice dishes often become too heavy. But if you prefer regular rice then you can of course just replace the cauliflower rice with regular. The kimchi sauce includes kimchi (of course) but also gochujang paste since I love spicy food. The amount of gochujang can of course be adapted according to taste or skipped if you prefer less spicy food. This kimchi fried rice also includes button mushrooms since I love the texture and chewing resistance they add to the dish. The rice is topped with fried egg, crunchy scallion and sesame seeds. This kimchi fried cauliflower rice is really easy to make, only requiring 10-15 minutes of your time. It’s perfect to make for a quick lunch or weeknight dinner, or to make for meal prep purpose.
A few tips:
- Roughly chop the kimchi before frying it. You still want there to be pieces of kimchi, but you don’t want them to be too big.
- Start by adding a little gochujang and then adding more if you want it more spicy.
- When frying the egg I recommend you to fry it just until the egg white has set, but the egg yolk still is runny. The runny egg yolk adds such a nice addition to the spicy fried rice.
- Don’t add the cauliflower rice until the end of the cooking time. You only want the cauliflower rice to incorporate and get warm in the sauce, but not to be cooked, soft and soggy. It should still be a bit crunchy.
- This kimchi fried rice is good to store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- You can make the kimchi sauce in advance and then just reheat and add in the cauliflower when you’re ready to eat it.
Ingredients for this Kimchi Fried Cauliflower Rice:
- Cauliflower rice
- Sesame oil
- Button mushrooms
- Black sesame seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Red Cabbage on a Tahini Yogurt Dressing
- Tofu Bowl with a Spicy Tamarind Dressing
- Spicy Oyster Mushroom Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free, Low Carb)
- Pajeon – Korean Pancakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Korean Beef Tartar (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free, Low Carb)
Kimchi Fried Cauliflower Rice (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free, Low Carb)
- 4 dl Cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1-1 1/2 dl Kimchi roughly chopped
- 1/2-1 tbsp Gochujang
- 2-3 tbsp Kimchi juice
- 3-4 tbsp Water
- 3-4 Button mushrooms sliced
- 1 Scallion thinly sliced
- 2 Eggs
- Black sesame seeds
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some sesame oil.
- Add the kimchi and gochujang to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes stirring a few times.
- Add the water and kimchi juice, stir and let cook for a few minutes.
- Preheat another nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the kimchi sauce and stir until combined. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add two eggs to the other nonstick pan and fry until the egg whites have set.
- Meanwhile add the cauliflower rice to the kimchi sauce and stir to combine. Let it fry for 1 minutes.
- Place the kimchi fried cauliflower rice on two plates.
- Add one fried egg on each plate and top with scallions and black sesame seeds.