This recipe if for a delicious, flavourful and easy Salsiccia Pasta with Capers. This recipe only requires a few key ingredients and 15 minutes of your time. This pasta is perfect to make for a cozy weekend dinner or to make for meal prep purposes and eat during the week.
I don’t eat sausage very often, but if I do salsiccia is one of two sausages I prefer. I love that it’s so flavourful made with lots of different spices and condiments. You really don’t need much else then a fresh salad or something easy to go with it. Because when making salsiccia the salsiccia should be in focus and not be outshined by any other ingredients. This salsiccia pasta with capers is both a little spicy and salty, very flavourful yet fresh and zesty. I actually didn’t use salsiccia sausage when I made my pasta, I used a salsiccia mince. But it gives the same result, so you can use either salsiccia mince or salsiccia sausage. This dish comes together in only 15 minutes and is so easy to make. As mentioned, it is both spicy, salty from the capers, very flavourful yet fresh and zesty due to the lemon juice and zest. I tend to feel that pasta sauces can be a bit too heavy, but this one is just perfect. Both the capers and lemon provide a lighter touch and feeling to the sauce but it still has an intense and rich flavour from the salsiccia mince.
A few tips:
- Since the salsiccia has enough fat to fry on I didn’t add any additional oil.
- I made my pasta in a nonstick pan since I didn’t use any additional oil yet had to fry the garlic and yellow onion. (But on the other hand I always use a nonstick pan).
- Make sure to stir the salsiccia mince/meat regularly not to get any too big chunks.
- I like to use whole capers, but if you prefer smaller pieces you can chop them roughly.
- Make sure to keep some of the pasta water to add to the salsiccia sauce.
- This pasta is good to store for 3-4 days in a food container in the fridge.
Ingredients for this Salsiccia Pasta with Capers:
- Salsiccia mince or salsiccia sausage
- Yellow onion
- Dry rosemary
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- (Gluten Free) Pasta
- Fresh basil
Other recipes you might like:
- Seafood Pasta (Gluten, Dairy Free, Low Carb)
- Beetroot Gnocchi (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Vegan Zucchini Ricotta Rolls (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini Pappardelle with Tomato & Vegetable Sauce
- Puttanesca with Zoodles (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Salsiccia Pasta with Capers (Gluten Free)
- 400 g Salsiccia mince (or salsiccia sausage)
- 1 medium Yellow onion finely chopped
- 1-2 Garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp Dry rosemary
- 3-4 tbsp Capers
- 1/2-1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 400 g Pasta (I used sorghum pasta)
- Pecorino, to top coursley grated
- Fresh basil, to top chopped
- Start by preheating a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot with some salt.
- Fry the yellow onion and garlic for a few minutes, until softened and it starts to get golden brown.
- If using salsiccia sauce cut the sausage open and divide into smaller pieces (mince like pieces)
- Add the salsiccia mince to the pan and let it fry.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and boil until al dente.
- Stir the salsiccia mince constantly and let it fry until golden brown. Add the rosemay, capers, lemon juice and lemon zest to the mince and stir to combine.
- When the pasta is ready add about 1-2 tbsp of the pasta water to the salsiccia mince and drain the rest of the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the pan and combine. Let it fry for another 1 minutes. Add sea salt and black pepper according to taste.
- Serve on plates, top with percorino and chopped basil.
One thought on “Salsiccia Pasta with Capers (Gluten Free)”