This recipe is for a delicious, flavorful, fresh and elegant Seafood Pasta. The sauce has lots of flavors coming from fresh herbs, chili, sweet cherry tomatoes and of course lots of delicious seafood. This sauce is really easy to make, can be adapted according to food preferences and what you have at home or can find in the store. I served my pasta with low carb shirataki fehttuchini. But you can serve it with pasta of your choice or with zucchini noodles.
Tomato sauce and seafood two of my all time favorite things in the world! Combined into one delicious, flavorful, fresh yet still comforting seafood pasta sauce. If you like tomato sauce and like seafood you will definitely love this seafood pasta! This dish is perfect to make for a cozy dinner or when you’re having friends or family over. It’s actually the perfect dish to make if you’re having a big dinner and what to serve something home made, that will be appreciated by everyone, yet you don’t want to stress and stand in the kitchen all day preparing the food. This dish is delicious, elegant, rich and flavorful, yet still fresh and not too heavy. I used mussels, prawns and shrimps when making my seafood pasta. But you can add any seafood you prefer or have at home. This is also one of the best things with this dish. It can easily be adapted and varied depending on what seafood you’re in the mood for. This way it never gets boring and you can keep on reinventing it.
A few tips:
- The tomato sauce can be made in advance, it actually tastes better the second day if you ask me.
- Make sure to use good quality tomatoes when making the sauce. It makes the biggest difference and good quality tomatoes will really lift the sauce.
- Make sure to let the onion, garlic and chili fry for a while before adding in the rest of the ingredients. It will make the flavors more intense.
- White wine is not necessary, but really recommended. It gives the sauce that something extra!
- Alcohol free wine can be used if you don’t want to use wine with alcohol.
- Let the sauce shimmer on low heat for at least 30 minutes. That will make the tastes more intense and really come through. Also make sure the sauce shimmers until it thickens and doesn’t end up watery.
- This far the sauce can be prepared.
- Just before ready to serve this seafood pasta add the seafood, cover with a lid and let it cook until mussels have opened and shrimps are cooked though. But don’t cook for too long, you don’t want dry seafood. It should be just about done.
- Remove the seafood from the sauce before adding pasta of your choice. And then add the seafood when you have combined the pasta with the tomato sauce.
Ingredients for this Seafood Pasta:
- Yellow onion
- Red chili
- Tomato paste
- White wine
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh parsley
Other recipes you might like:
- Fish & Seafood Soup
- Moule Mariniere with Garlic, Chili & Ginger
- Red Curry with Prawns (Low Carb & Dairy Free)
- Puttanesca with Zoodles (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free, Low Carb)
- Zucchini Pappardelle with Tomato & Vegetable Sauce
- Beetroot Gnocchi (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Seafood Pasta (Gluten & Dairy Free, Low Carb)
- 1 Yellow onion finely diced
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/4-1 Red chili (depending on how hot you prefer your sauce and how hot the chili is) minced
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 1/2 dl White wine
- 1 can Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 8 Mussels
- 8 Prawns
- 8 Shrimps
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat wiht some olive oil.
- Fry the finely diced yellow onion for a few minutes, until it starts to get soft.
- Add the minced garlig and red chili and let it fry for 3-4 minutes with the onion.
- Add tomato paste and combine.
- Add white wine and let it sauté/cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the canned cherry tomatoes and spices and let the sauce shimmer on low/medium heat until it has reduced.
- If using regular pasta cook the pasta until al dente.
- Add mussles, shrimps and prawns. Combine and cover with a lid.
- Let the sauce shimmer until the mussles open and the shrimps are cooked though.
- Remove the seafood from the tomato sauce.
- Add pasta (or as zoodles or shirataki fettucini) and let shimmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the pasta and tomato sauce on plates and add seafood on top.
- Garnish with more chopped parsley.