This recipe is for warm and mouth melting balsamic and honey baked feta cheese with figs and plums. This recipe is silly easy to make, taste amazing and ready to serve in only 15-20 minutes. Serve this baked feta cheese as a starter, side dish or include it in a cheese board. This recipe is vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Baked feta cheese is one of my favorites to make in the oven and eat warm. It tastes amazing, turn out mouth melting, can be served in so many different ways and forms and is still silly easy and quick to make. This one is combines fresh figs, plums, feta cheese, balsamic vinegar, walnuts, rosemary and honey. The feta cheese, figs and plums are baked either in the oven or an air fryer together with balsamic vinegar, black pepper, walnuts and rosemary until soft and caramelized, then served with sweet honey on top. This dish is made with just a few key ingredients and ready to serve in 15-20 minutes. It’s great to serve as a starter, side dish or to include it in a charcutier board.
A few tips:
- Use juicy and fresh figs and plums to get most possible taste out of them.
- Use a good quality feta cheese and not the cheaper once that can be both tasteless and dry.
- You can make this feta cheese in the oven or in an air fryer.
- The baking time will vary depending on if you use the oven or an air fryer. Bake the at 200 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes on the middle rack in the oven or at 175 degrees for 7-12 minutes in an air fryer. You can check on it midway to see how it looks.
- If you make the feta cheese in the oven you can turn on the broiler for about 1-2 minutes in the end to get an even deeper golden brown color if needed. But make sure you keep an eye on the feta cheese constantly to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- If you don’t have fresh rosemary you can leave it out or replace it with fresh thyme instead.
- Drizzling the feta cheese with honey before serving it is optional, but highly recommended.
- You can use honey, agave or fiber syrup depending on what you prefer.
Ingredients for this Balsamic Baked Feta Cheese with Figs & Plums:
- Feta cheese
- Fresh figs
- Fresh plums
- Balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh rosemary
- Honey/agave/fiber syrup
Other recipes you might like:
Balsamic Baked Feta Cheese with Figs & Plums (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1 block Feta cheese
- 2 Fresh figs cut into wedges
- 2 Plums cut into wedges
- 1-2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 stems Fresh rosemary cut into smaller pices
- 2-3 tbsp Walnuts roughly chopped
- Honey, agave, fiber syrup, to top
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or the air fryer to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Place the block of feta cheese on an oven safe baking dish along with the cut figs and plums. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, making sure all parts of the feta cheese and fruits are covered. Add freshly ground pepper, rosemary and walnuts on top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or in the air fryer for 7-12 minutes.
- If making it in the oven you can turn on the broiler last 1-2 minutes if you want it to have an even deeper golden brown color. But make sure to keep an eye on it constantly so it doesn't burn.
- Remove from the oven/air fryer, drizzle with honey/agave/fiber syrup. Serve immediately.
One thought on “Balsamic Baked Feta Cheese with Figs & Plums (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)”