This recipe is for a wonderful, tasty and easy Roasted Grapes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Honey. This roasted grape with whipped feta cheese dish only requires six ingredients and takes about 20 minutes to make. Serve this dish as an appetizer, side dish or include it in a sharing dinner. This dish is both vegetarian, gluten, grain and oil free.
I really don’t think there is a more divine combination than the combination of sweet and savory. For me at least it’s hard to beat. For me, my favorite combination of sweet and savory, it’s without a doubt the combination of fruit and cheese. There are so many iconic combinations of sweet fruits and savory cheese version, and they have not become iconic combos for nothing. But maybe a less commonly known (not saying this is revolutionary, but it might not be the first sweet and savory combination you come to think of) is the combination of grapes and feta cheese… and even better, roasted warm grapes and with whipped feta cheese. That’s exactly what this dish is. You have a fresh, tangy and cold whipped feta cheese mixture that is topped with warm roasted grapes. To make it even more interesting I added warm dry roasted almonds, fresh mint and sweet honey on top. This dish is both very easy and quick to make, only requires six main ingredients and is perfect to serve either as an appetizer, side dish or to include in a sharing dinner. Add you favorite (gluten free) bread on the side and dip in this lovely dish. This dish is both vegetarian, gluten, grain and oil free.
A few tips:
- When baking the grapes I really don’t think any olive oil is needed. They will still get warm, tender and roasted, but the dish will feel lighter and more fresh. But you can drizzle some olive oil on the grapes if preferred.
- I used some Greek yogurt to mix with the feta cheese. But you can also use Creme Fraiche or a light yogurt.
- I didn’t season the whipped feta cheese with any additional seasoning. But you can add salt, maybe some lemon juice or black pepper if you like.
- I love to dry roast my almonds before adding them to the dish. If dry roasting them I would recommend you to dry roast them just before the grapes are ready, then they will still be warm when serving the dish. But you can also dry roasted them in advance or use non-roasted almonds.
- Serve this dish with your favorite bread.
Ingredients for this Roasted Grapes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Honey:
- Red grapes
- Feta cheese
- Greek yogurt, Creme Fraiche or light yogurt
- Fresh mint
- Fiber syrup/agave/honey
- Bread of choice (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Whipped Burrata with Mixed Cherry Tomatoes & Raspberries (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Hasselbacked Melon with Prosciutto & Burrata (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Whipped Goat Cheese Cream with Home Cooked Cherry Marmalade (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Rosé Poached Strawberries with Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Bresaola, Mozzarella & Mango Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Zucchini Carpaccio with Ricotta Cream (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Buffalo Mozzarella with Rhubarb Two Ways (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Honey Baked Feta Cheese with Oranges (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Burrata with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Orange, Fennel & Burrata Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Persimmon & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Burrata with Fresh Figs (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Citrus & Mozzarella Salad (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Balsamic Baked Feta Cheese with Figs & Plums (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Roasted Grapes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Honey (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain & Oil Free)
- 100 g Red grapes
- 1 package Feta cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Greek yogurt or Creme Fraiche
- 4-5 Almonds
- Fresh mint roughly chopped
- Fiber syrup/agave or honey
- (Gluten free) bread of choice
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the grapes in an oven safe baking pan and roast for approximately 15 minutes. Until warm and tender.
- Meanwhile add the feta cheese along with Greek yogurt/Creme Fraiche in a bowl and mix using a hand mixer until you have a smooth feta cheese mixture.
- When about 2-3 minutes remain for the grapes in the oven preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the almonds to the pan and dry roast until the almonds are warm and golden brown.
- Take the out of the pan and let them cool for 1 minute, then chop them roughly.
- Spread the whipped feta cheese on a plate.
- Add the roasted grapes on top and top with roughly chopped mint and almonds. Drizzle some fiber syrup, agave or honey on top. Serve with bread.