This is a recipe for a quick, flavorful and super delicious Burrata with Fresh Figs. This dish only requires two main ingredients and is ready to serve in five minutes. Serve it as a starter, side dish or light lunch. This dish is both vegetarian and gluten free.
Eating healthy and delicious doesn’t have to be hard or time consuming. Quite the opposite! If you use good quality ingredients you can put together a really delicious meal in the blink of an eye and still make it amazing. This burrata with fresh figs is a great example of that! This dish is both quick and easy to make, has a lot of flavor and taste amazing yet is healthy and light at the same time. The combination of the creamy and fresh burrata together with juicy and sweet fresh figs is divine. The textures and flavors just melt together in the mouth and create a wonderful flavor explosion. As the icing on the cake it topped this dish with crunchy and salty pistachio nuts and sweet thick balsamic vinegar and served it with grilled gluten free bread. This dish is really a favorite during fall when I want something really quick, easy yet tasty and exciting. This dish is perfect to serve as a starter, side dish or light lunch. It is both vegetarian and gluten free.
A few tips:
- This dish consists of two main ingredients and these two ingredients have to be both fresh, tasty and of good quality. Therefore use a high quality burrata and fresh, juicy and sweet figs.
- I love using salted pistachio nuts for this dish since it adds a nice salty flavor to cut off the sweet figs and balsamic vinegar and creamy fresh burrata.
- If you want to make it nut free you can top it with quickly roasted pumpkin seeds.
Ingredients for this Burrata with Fresh Figs:
- Fresh figs
- Gluten free bread
- Olive oil
- Pistachio nuts (salted if preferred)
- Thick balsamic vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Tomatoes on a Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Burrata & Stone Fruit Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad
- Asparagus, Prosciutto & Mozzarella (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
- Citrus & Mozzarella Salad (Gluten Free)
- Peach & Mozzarella Caprese
Burrata with Fresh Figs (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- 1 Burrata
- 2 Figs quartered
- 2 slices Gluten free bread
- Olive oil, to fry
- 5-6 Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- When the pan is hot add the two slices of bead and fry until golden brown on each side.
- Meanwhile slice the figs and put in a bowl together with the mozzarella.
- Top with chopped pistachio nuts and thick balsamic vinegar and serve with warm grilled bread.