This is a recipe for a fun, easy and delicious afternoon snack or dessert. This Chocolate Banana Sushi only requires three main ingredients and five minutes to make (not including the freezing time for the banana). Make this chocolate banana sushi as an afternoon snack, sweet treat or dessert. It is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
I love making food with a twist. Or at least serving it with a twist. This is a really simple and classic combination made with chocolate and banana, but served as a sushi dish. This dish only requires three main ingredients and takes five minutes to make (not counting the freezing time for the banana). If you want to make something really easy, quick, yet healthy and delicious you need to try this chocolate banana sushi. It’s a fun way of serving an afternoon snack or dessert. If you want to make it more festive serve it with some ice cream on the side.
A few tips:
- Freeze the banana before making this chocolate banana sushi, otherwise the chocolate might not stick to the banana.
- Freeze the banana for 1-2 hours before coating it with chocolate.
- You can top this banana with whatever you like or prefer. Some other topping ideas are other nuts, peanut butter, caramel sauce, desiccated coconut, fruit sauce or agave.
- Store the chocolate covered banana in the freezer and take it out about five minutes before serving it.
- When cutting the banana I use a hot knife to prevent the banana from breaking. Run you knife under hot water for 30 seconds and then cut the banana into slices. Oh, and use a sharp knife.
Ingredients for this Chocolate Covered Banana Sushi:
- Vegan gluten and sugar free dark chocolate
- Coconut oil
- Pistachio nuts
Other recipes you might like:
- Four Ingredient Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- No Bake Gingerbread Cakesicles (Vegan, Gluten, Nut & Refined Sugar Free)
- Gingerbread Bliss Balls (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Cakesicles (Gluten Free)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlet (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Fat)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Dip (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Home Made Magnum with Granola Butter Core (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Champagne Chocolate Truffles (Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Lava Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fresh Spring Rolls with Autumn & Winter Fruits (Vegan)
- Three Ingredients Banana Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
Chocolate Banana Sushi (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 1 Banana frozen
- 50-75 g Vegan dark chocolate (depending on how big your banana is)
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 6-7 Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Freeze the banana for 1-2 hours, this will make it easier to cover it in chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave or over a water bath.
- Stir in the coconut oil.
- Chop the pistachio nuts.
- Take out the banana from the freezer.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the banana until its fully covered.
- Top with chopped pistachio nuts.
- Place in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Take it out from the freezer about five minutes before serving.