This is a fresh, crunchy, delicious Spicy Chicken Salad Wrap made with lettuce instead of classic tortilla bread. This chicken wrap is both easy and quick to make, using a few easy and staple ingredients. Make this chicken wrap for lunch, bring it along on a picnic or when on the run. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Making wraps is a great idea for lunch, picnics or when you just need to bring something to eat along with you. They’re great because you can make them with just about everything your in the mood for but also when making a fridge cleaning. I usually make my wraps using salad/lettuce since I always have it at home, it is gluten free, you don’t have to open a whole package of tortilla bread just to make one and compared to bread they don’t get soggy and keep fresh for a longer time. This wrap is made with a mix of crunchy raw vegetables, spicy fried chicken and a lovely mild and fresh yogurt sauce, all wrapped in iceberg lettuces leaves. It a great mix of crunchy fresh vegetables, tender and spicy chicken and fresh creamy dressing. This wrap only takes around 15 minutes to make and is easy to vary depending on what kind of vegetables you like or have at home. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Try using large iceberg lettuce leaves, that will make it easier to wrap. The amount of lettuce leaves will vary depending on how large they are. But your “lettuce wrap” should be around 20*25 cm.
- I like to use parchment/wax or wrap paper when wrapping salad wraps, because it adds stability to the wrap and prevents it from falling apart.
- Make sure the lettuce leaves overlap each other to prevent the filling from falling out.
- The amount of spices for the chicken can be adjusted according to taste. But it should be a spicy chicken wrap, since the other ingredients are mild.
- Make sure to slice and stripe the vegetables well, not making any too large pieces. Otherwise they might “take over ” and feel a bit too rough when eating the wrap.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces so that it fits in the wrap and you can distribute it evenly. But don’t make too small pieces either, you want to be able to get a proper bit of the chicken.
- I would recommend you not to cut the wrap in two until ready to eat.
Ingredients for this Spicy Chicken Salad Wrap:
- Chicken breast fillet
- Paprika powder
- Chili powder
- Chili flakes/chili explosion spice
- Fresh ginger (optional)
- Lemon juice
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Greek or plain yogurt
- Fiber syrup or honey
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Iceberg lettuce
- Yellow bell pepper
- Snow peas
- Sunflower sprouts
Other recipes you might like:
- Ajvar Seasoned Chicken Bowl (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Chicken Tacos (Gluten Free)
- Halloumi Lettuce Wrap (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Prawn Bites (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Style Salad Cups with Shrimps (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Soufflé Omelette with Mushrooms (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus Frittata with Pesto & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini & Ricotta Frittata (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Kimchi & Scallion Omelette (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
Spicy Chicken Salad Wrap (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
For the chicken
- 1 Chicken breast fillet cut into smaller pieces (
- 1/2 tsp Paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes/chili explosion spice
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Fresh grated ginger, to taste (optional)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Tamari or soy sauce
- Olive oil
For the dressing
- 3/4 dl Greek or plain yogurt
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp Fiber syrup/honey
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
For the wrap
- 4-6 large Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1/4 Cucumber cut into 5 cm long stripes
- 1 small Carrot julienned or thinly sliced
- 1/3 Yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 6 Snow peas cut in half lengthwise
- Sunflower sprouts, to taste
- A pieces of parchment, wax or other kind of wrap paper (around 30 cm wide).
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing, taste to check seasoning.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces and add to the hot pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes, just until its starting to get some color.
- Add all the spices for the chicken, stir and let fry for one minutes.
- Next add the lemon juice and tamari and let it fry until the chicken is done. 1-3 minutes more depending on the size of your chicken pieces.
- Place the parchment/wax/wrap paper and use it as a base. Place 4-6 lettuce leaves in the center of the paper, slightly overlap each other.
- Add vegetables in the middle of the lettuce wrap, add chicken on top and sprinkle the dressing over.
- Use the wax paper to help you wrap it tightly like a burrito, starting by folding in the short end upward over the filling. Take the other side of the lettuce and carefully fold it over the filling. Do not pull too tightly so that the lettuce breaks. Tuck the long side around the filling, roll up the wrap holding it as tight as possible. When it is completely wrapped, roll the remaining part of the paper around the lettuce tightly.
- Keep whole until ready to eat when you slice it in half.