I love making small dishes and finger foods, even for dinner. It’s so cozy and fun just sitting down around the table and everyone gets to “make their own food”. These fresh and easy salad cups are always a great hit when I make them. One of the reasons I love making this kind of food is that everyone feels more involved in the dinner, as they are part of the process and making it happened, since they have to put together their own dish. It’s also such a great dish to serve when you have people with different food preferences and allergies. Everyone can just add whatever they like in their cups and everyone is happy. And the best thing? This dinner comes together in only 15 minutes and in perfect to serve both for smaller dinners as well as when you have more people over.
Not only is this dinner appreciated by eeeeveryone. But it’s also a blessing for you. You can prepare the sauces and vegetables, and then just fry the shrimps when it’s time to eat. And you can of course vary this dish endlessly by choosing the vegetables you like or have at home.
Ingredients for these Asian Style Salad Cups with Shrimps:
- Salad cups
- Red cabbage
- Sugar snaps
- Bean sprouts
- Fish sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Fresh ginger
Asian Style Salad Cups with Shrimps
For the salad cups:
- 8-10 Salad cups (feel free to mix different ones)
- 16-20 Shrimps
- 1 dl Red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cucumber diced
- 2 Carrots cut in half and thinly sliced
- 5 Sugar snaps thinly sliced
- 6 Radishes diced
- 1 Scallion (both with and green part) sliced
- 1 dl Bean sprouts
- Cilantro, to taste
- Mint, to taste
- 3 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1/2-1 Lime juiced
- Fresh ginger, to taste peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- Start by making the sauces by combining the ingredients in two different bowls. Set aside.
- Slice all vegetables and put in bowls or on small plates together with salad cups and fresh herbs.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- ry shrimps for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.