This recipe is for fresh, crunchy and delicious Asian Style Salad Cups with Fried Prawns. This dish comes together in only a few minutes and is really easy to make. You can vary the add ins depending on what you like or have at home. Serve these Salad Cups as a fresh appetizer, starter or main course. These Asian Style Salad Cups with Prawns are both gluten, grain free and low carb.
I love making small dishes and finger foods, even for dinner. It’s so cozy and fun just sitting down around the table and everyone gets to “make their own food”. These fresh and easy salad cups are always a great success when I make them. One of the reasons I love making this kind of food is that it’s a fun way of involving everyone in the dinner. It makes the dinner more interactive and you can get ideas, discuss on pairings etc which makes the dinner more fun and lively. It’s also such a great dish to serve when you have people with different food preferences and allergies. Everyone can add whatever they like and eat. And the best thing? This dinner comes together in only 15 minutes and in perfect to serve both for smaller dinners as well as when you have more people over. Not only is this dinner appreciated by eeeeveryone. But it’s also a blessing for you. You can prepare the sauces and vegetables, and then just fry the shrimps when it’s time to eat. And you can of course vary this dish endlessly by using any vegetables and protein you like or have at home.
A few tips:
- I love cutting the vegetables into different sizes and forms. It makes the salad cups more interesting and creates a nice texture combination.
- I prefer cutting all vegetables quite thin to make sure you don’t get too big bites of one of the vegetables.
- This dish can be prepared in advance. Just fry the prawns at the end when ready to serve.
Ingredients for these Asian Style Salad Cups with Prawns:
- Salad cups
- Red cabbage
- Sugar snaps
- Bean sprouts
- Fish sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Fresh ginger
Other recipes you might like:
- Oyster Mushroom Ceviche (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos with Orange
- Salad Cups with Shrimps & Nectarine Salsa
- Asian Style Tuna Steak (Paleo, Keto & Low Carb)
Asian Style Salad Cups with Prawns (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
For the salad cups:
- 8-10 Salad cups (feel free to mix different ones)
- 14-16 Prawns
- 1/2-1 Red chili (optional) minced
- 1 dl Red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cucumber diced
- 2 Carrots cut in half and thinly sliced
- 5 Sugar snaps thinly sliced
- 6 Radishes diced
- 1 Scallion (both with and green part) sliced
- 1 dl Bean sprouts
- Cilantro, to taste
- Mint, to taste
- 3 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1/2-1 Lime juiced
- Fresh ginger, to taste peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- Start by making the sauces by combining the ingredients in two different bowls. Set aside.
- Slice all vegetables and put in bowls or on small plates together with salad cups and fresh herbs.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Fry the Prawns and red chili (if using) for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.