This recipe is for a light, fresh and delicious dish with Grilled Prawns & Vegetables. This dish only requires a hand full ingredients and 15 minutes to make. It is perfect to serve either for lunch or dinner. This dish is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
This dish is a summer classic for me. It is a fresh, delicious, easy and super quick dish to make. It is perfect when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen or by the grill but still want to eat something delicious. It is also perfect to make if you want something that doesn’t feel too heavy or overwhelming. This meal is made with cauliflower rice to keep it both quick, light, healthy and allergy and food preference friendly. It’s provides something freshness, crunch and warmth to the dish, yet still keeping it light. Then I added grilled zucchini and aubergine that adds both softness and a bot of crunch to the dish as well and topped it with grilled/fried prawns. This dish is perfect to serve for lunch or dinner. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I like making my cauliflower rice in a high speed blender since it’s so easy and quick. But you can also use a shredder.
- The cauliflower rice should be quickly fried to make it warm and just a little tender. But don’t fry it for too long, you don’t want it to get soft and soggy.
- Use a really hot grill or grill pan when grilling/frying the vegetables and prawns.
- The vegetables should get grill marks and a bit soft, but not overcooked and soggy. So make sure not to grill/fry them for too long.
- I love making my prawns a bit “al dente” and not fully cooked through. It makes them more tender and juicy instead of dry and hard. Therefore I like to grill/fry them for 1-2 minutes on each side and no longer.
Ingredients for these Grilled Prawns & Vegetables:
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Melon & Scampi Salad
- Asian Style Salad Cups with Shrimps
- Harissa Fried Shrimps with Cauliflower Purée & Summer Vegetables
- Low Carb Cod with Orange Dressing (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Summer Fruit Scallop Ceviche (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
Grilled Prawns & Vegetables (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 10 Prawns
- 1 Zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 Aubergine thinly sliced
- 4 dl Cauliflower rice
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cilantro, to top
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Preaheat a non stick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Slice the aubergine and zucchini into thin slices lengthwise.
- When the grill or grill pan is hot add the aubergines and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Next add the zucchini and grill/fry for 1-2 miniutes on each side.
- Meanwhile dry path the prawns using a paper towl.
- Make the cauliflower rice using a high speeed blender or shredder.
- When the vegetables are done remove and fry the prawns for 2-4 minutes on each side depending on the size and how raw you prefer them.
- Finally add the cauliflower rice, lemon juice and season with salt according to taste. Fry for 1-2 minutes, just until the rice is a bit warm. Don't fry for too long, it should only get a bit warm, but not soft and cooked through.
- Place the cauliflower on two plates, top with grilled/fried vegetables and prawns.