This recipe is for a delicious, fresh and flavorful Beetroot Carpaccio with Strawberries. This recipe only requires a few ingredients and is really easy to make. It is perfect to serve as a starter or side dish to your main course. It is both vegan, gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
Carpaccio is one of my favorite dishes to make! But it doesn’t have to be a classic beef carpaccio, I love experimenting with lot of different types of ingredients. One of my all time favorite carpaccio is making it using beetroots. It makes such a perfect base in a carpaccio and can be paired with so. many different toppings and add-ins. This beetroot carpaccio is made with beetroots, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, dry roasted almonds and then topped with micro greens and thick balsamic vinegar. This dish is really perfect to serve when you want something that can is tasty and flavorful yet light and fresh. It is perfect to serve as a starter or as a side dish with your main course. This beetroot carpaccio is both vegan, gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
A few tips:
- You can cook the beets in advance.
- I like to use a mandolin when slicing the beets to get equally thin slices, but you can also just use a sharp knife.
- Use good quality tomatoes that are sweet and flavorful. Don’t use the cheap once that are tasteless and bland.
- The same goes for the strawberries.
- I like to dry roast my almonds and have them a bit warm when serving this dish. But you can skip that part if you want to.
- You can sub the almonds for any nuts or seeds that you like or have at home.
Ingredients for this Beetroot Carpaccio with Strawberries:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Micro greens
- Thick balsamic vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Cucumber & Radish Salad
- Beetroot Carpaccio (Using Cooked Beets)
- Persimmon Carpaccio
- Raw Beetroot Carpaccio with Fennel & Pomegranate Seeds
- Zucchini Carpaccio
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe
Beetroot Carpaccio with Strawberries (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- 2 Beetroots
- 4 Strawberries quartered
- 6 Cherry tomatoes (I used different colors and sizes) cut into half or quarters
- 6-8 Almonds dry roasted and roughly chopped
- Micro greens, to top
- Thick balsamic vinegar, to top
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Reduce the heat and add the beets. Cook until soft, about 35-45 minutes.
- Drain the beets and peel them after they have cooled a little. Slice them using a mandoling into thin slices.
- Peaheat a pan over medium/high heat. Add the almonds and dry roast for 2-3 minutes, until warm and a little browned.
- Meanwhile slice the tomatoes and strawberries.
- Divide the beet slices between two plates.
- When the almonds are done carefuly chop them roughly.
- Add strawberries, tomatoes, roughly chopped almonds.
- Top with micro greens and thick balsamic vinegar.