This beetroot carpaccio is so delicious, easy to make and pairs well with just about everything! I use red, yellow and polka beets when making this side dish since I love the colors. But it is just as delicious using only one of above beets! This beetroot carpaccio is made with cooked beets, which gives it a tender and sweet taste. I love to top mine with some fresh mâche salad and hemp seeds.
Beetroots are one if my favorite root vegetables. It’s so versatile and useful for many different purposes. I love to eat them in all ways and forms; raw, cooked, fried, roasted.. Im all in. I include them in my food almost every day. I have found that the best way of serving them is almost on their own, or just with 1-2 other ingredients. I love when they are the star of the dish and doesn’t come second hand.
This beetroot carpaccio is so easy to make, taste amazing and pairs with just about everything. This dish is also perfect to serve as a starter or appetizer if you want something easy, delicious and light. I topped this carpaccio with some fresh mâche salad and hemp seeds. The mâche salad adds freshness and some crunch, while the hemp seeds adds some nuttiness to the dish. But it would also be lovely to top it with some sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
Ingredients for this Beetroot Carpaccio using Cooked Beets:
- Red beetroot
- Yellow beetroot
- Polka beetroot
- Mâche salad
- Hemp seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Beetroot Salad with Blueberries
- Cucumber & Radish Salad
- Zucchini & Polka Beet Summer Salad
- Zucchini Carpaccio
Three Beet Carpaccio using Cooked Beets
- 1 Red beetroot washed and cleaned
- 1 Yellow beetroot washed and cleaned
- 1 Polka beetroot washed and cleaned
- Mâche salad
- 1 tbsp Hemp seeds, to top (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a pot.
- Wash and clean the beets.
- Cook in salted water until half soft/soft (approximatelty 30 minutes). I prefer mine not fully cook cooked so that they are still just a little bit al dente.
- Peel the beets and slice them using a mandolin.
- Arrange on a plate. Top with mâche salad and hemp seeds. I love to serve mine with thick balsamic vinegar or a balsam vinegrette.
3 thoughts on “Beetroot Carpaccio using Cooked Beets”