This is an easy, light yet very delicious and flavorful fish recipe. It’s really easy and quick to make. You only need a few ingredients and can adapt the recipe according to taste and food preferences. This fish recipe is perfect to make either for a weekday meal as well as for the weekend. It’s gluten free and low carb.
If you want a quick and easy fish recipe that still is delicious, tasty and flavorful you have to try this one. Im really love Asian flavors, they can make almost any dish go from boring to amazing. The fish marinade is made using white miso paste, tamari, rice vinegar and fresh ginger. The miso paste provides salt and depth to the marinade. Miso is a great taste enhancer in cooking. The tamari gives the marinade a bit of a salty yet sweet flavor. The sweetness in the marinade comes from the rice vinegar. And then we have the fresh ginger that gives the marinade some heat. Imagine the soft and tender fish in this amazing miso marinade, served with a crunchy, warm and sweetish bok choy. To add some extra crunch and flavor I topped this dish with raw sugar snaps, scallion, cilantro, red chili and furikake seasoning.
A few tips:
- Dice the fish into equally sized pieces to make sure they have the same cooking time.
- Let the fish marinade in the miso marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- Bake the bok choy on high temperature so it starts to get a little browned and soft, yet not cooked through.
- Don’t throw away the excess miso marinade, drizzle it over the boy choy.
- This dish is good to store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Ingredients for this Miso Fish with Bok Choy:
- White miso paste
- Rice vinegar
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh red chili
- Sugar snaps
- Furikake seasoning
Other recipes you might like:
- Poppy Seed Seared Tuna Bowl
- Asian Style Salmon Salad
- Asian Style Salad Cups with Shrimps
- Salmon Sashimi Popsicles with Avocado Cream
- Asian Style Tuna Steak (Paleo, Keto & Low Carb
- Spicy Scallops with Brussel Sprout & Shiitake
Miso Fish with Bok Choy (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
For the fish
- 200 g Cod diced into 2*2 cm cubes
- 2 tbsp White miso paste
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 1-2 cm Fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2-1 cm Fresh red chili sliced
- A hand full of Cilantro
- 1 Scallion (both white and green part) sliced diagonally
- 3-4 Sugar snaps thinly sliced
- Furikake seasoning (optional)
For the bok choy
- 2 Bok choy quartered
- 2 tbsp Gluten free hoisin sauce
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
- Combine miso paste, rice vinegar, tamari and fresh ginger in a bowl. Add the diced fish and combine. Make sure that the miso marinade covers all parts of the fish. Set aside.
- Quarter the boy choy and brush with hoisin sauce.
- Put the bok choy in a oven safe dish and bake in the oven for five minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 150 degrees and add the fish on top, drizzle the exceess miso marinade over the boy choy. Bake for another 5-10 minutes (until the fish is soft (approximately 50 degrees) and the bok choy has softened and become a little browned. Don't overbake, the bok choy should still be a little crunchy and the fish tender.
- Take out of the oven and garnish with sliced red chili, scallion, cilantro, sugar snaps and furikake seasoning.