This is a delicious and fresh recipe for a Summer Vegetable Salad. This dish is easy to make and only takes a few minutes of your time. Eat it as it is, serve it along with some protein or as a side dish to your main course. This salad is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Im all about the salads! I love keeping them quite easy and fresh. Just using ingredients that are in season. My idea of a perfect salad is a salad with different textures, colors and tastes. I also love varying how I cut the vegetables. Some are sliced, some are diced into different sizes, some are cut lengthwise and some are kept whole. And the most important part for me is to combine raw with cooked and fried vegetables. This really created an interesting salad. A boring salad can easily turn into an amazing salad by just mixing cooked and raw vegetables and slicing and dicing them into different shapes. So that’s always key when I make a salad. This salad is an easy and super delicious salad using summer vegetables with a cooked egg. It is perfect to eat just as it is, serve it with some protein (I ate mine with some shrimps) or serve it as a side dish to your main course. This salad is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Cut the vegetables into different shapes and sizes. It makes the salad more interesting.
- When frying the asparagus and bok choy make sure to fry it on quite high heat and not for too long. You want the vegetables to soften a little bit and get warm but not totally cooked though. They should still be crunchy and have some chewing resistance.
- Use any salad, greens leafs that you like or have at home. I love mixing a few different, here using arugula, spinach and mangold.
- Cook the egg 6-12 minutes depending on how you prefer your egg yolk.
- Top with herbs of your choice.
Ingredients fort this Summer Vegetable Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb):
- Mixed green leafs
- Bok choy
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sugar snaps or snow peas
- Polka beetroot
Other recipes you might like:
- Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
- Zucchini Carpaccio
- Cucumber & Radish Salad
- Beetroot Salad with Blueberries
- Zucchini & Polka Beet Summer Salad
Summer Vegetable Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- A hand of Mixed green leafs
- 1 Bok Choy quartered
- 10 Asparagus
- 8-10 Cherry tomatoes divided in half
- 6 Radishes divided in half or quartered
- 8-10 Sugar snaps or snow peas
- 1 Polka beetroot peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 2 Eggs
- Cilantro, to top roughly chopped
- Chives, to top chopped
- Preheat a big nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add the two eggs and boild for 6-12 minutes (depending on how you prefer your egg yolk).
- Add the quartered bok choy and asparagus to the pan and fry for 6-8 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile place mixed green leafs on a plate or in a bowl.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, radishes, sugar snaps or snow peas, sliced beetroot on top.
- When the eggs are ready put the eggs in ice cold water to cool for a minute or two. Then peel and slice them in two. Add to the salad.
- Add the fried bok choy and asparagus to the salad as well.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on the salad and top with chives and cilantro.
- Serve as is, with some protein on the side or as a side dish to your main course.