This is a delicious, easy and summery summer Zucchini & Ricotta Fritter Salad with Grilled Vegetables. This salad comes together in the blink of an eye and only requires a few key ingredients. It is perfect to serve both for lunch or dinner or to make for meal prep purpose. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A fresh and delicious salad bowl is the way to my heart… or at least one way to my heart. If you ask me what I eat 80% of the time for lunch or dinner its a….. salad bowl! But a salad bowl doesn’t have to be boring or bland, quite the opposite. I love using seasonable vegetables and fruits when making salad bowls, and when I want to make them vegan or vegetarian I often use fritters instead of fish, chicken or meat. This salad bowl is fresh, easy to make and super delicious. It is made with delicious zucchini and ricotta fritters and mixed grilled vegetables. This salad bowl is perfect to make both for lunch, dinner or meal prep purpose. Especially since the zucchini and ricotta fritters are perfect to make in a big batch and have as a snack or to include in your salad bowl. This salad bowl is both tasty, delicious and flavorful and at the same time very fresh and light. It is the perfect meal to make when you want a low carb meal using lot of vegetables and delicious fritters. This salad bowl is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- The zucchini and ricotta fritters can be prepared/baked in advance and reheated or eaten cold.
- You can use any vegetables you like when making this bowl but I chose red bell pepper, aubergine, zucchini, red onion and carrots to include different tastes and textures. And they are also some of my favorite vegetables therefore I always have them at home and love using them on a daily basis.
- I topped my salad with camelina seeds, but you can use sesame seeds or any other seeds or nuts that you like and prefer.
- I served my salad with a yogurt and pesto dressing. It pairs very well and adds a nice creaminess and flavor to the dish.
Ingredients for this Zucchini & Ricotta Fritter Salad with Grilled Vegetables:
- Zucchini & Ricotta fritters
- Green leafs
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Camelina or sesame seeds
- Greek yogurt
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
- Tofu Bowl with Spicy Tamarind Dressing (Vegan, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Summer vegetables Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Burrata & Stone Fruit Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
Zucchini & Ricotta Fritter Salad with Grilled Vegetables (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 6 Zucchini & Ricotta Fritters (see note 1 for the recipe)
- 200 g Green leafs
- 4 Carrots halfted lengthwise
- 1/2 Aubergines sliced
- 1/2 Zucchini sliced
- 1 Red onion Quartered
- 1 Red bell pepper cored and sliced
- Olive oil, to fry
- Camelina or sesame seeds, to top
- Cilantro, to top
For the sauce
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt or quark
- 2 tbsp Pesto
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Lenon juice, to taste
- Make the zucchini and ricotta fritters according to linked recipe (note 1)
- Preheat a grill pan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- Slice and dice the vegetables.
- Start by frying the red onion and carrots. Fry for 4-5 minutes until they start to get soft and grill marks start to form.
- Add aubergines, zucchini and red bell pepper and fry for 3-4 minutes more.
- Meanwhile combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Taste and season according to taste.
- Add the green leafs to two bowls.
- When the vegetables are done divide the vegetables and fritters between the two bowls.
- Top with camelina or sesame seeds and top with cilantro. Serve with the dressing.