This recipe is for delicious, flavorful, easy and healthy Zucchini & Ricotta Fritters. These fritters only require 5-10 minutes of your time and a few key ingredients. They are perfect to add to your salad, dip in your favorite dips and sauces or to make a burger out of them. They are both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
I usually like my vegetables just as they are, either grilled, baked or fried. But I also love making fritters out of vegetables! I mean, what’s no to like? You can season them just the way you like and prefer, you can add in anything you want and they’re the perfect fridge clean out food! So they are just a win win win! I think I eat zucchini 99% days during a year, Im not kidding you! Zucchini is really a staple at my place and I always have at least four zucchinis in the fridge. So naturally zucchini fritters are one of my favorite fritters to make! These fritters are made with zucchini and ricotta and seasoned with fresh herbs and lemon. These fritters are the perfect thing to make if you want to eat more veggies but don’t want to make a salad, if you have zucchini and herbs that are getting a bit said and boring or when you just want something delicious to eat. These ones are baked in the oven and made with no flour, therefore they are a healthy option to fried once. They are perfect to add to your salad, dip in your favorite dip or sauce or to make a vegetarian burger out of them. They are both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Make sure to squeeze out as much excess water as possible from the zucchini.
- I used parsley, basil and chives when making these fritter, but you can use any herbs you like or have at home.
- I used ricotta when making these fritters, but you can also sub it for Creme Fraiche or greek yogurt.
- You can also use a dairy free ricotta/yogurt or Creme Fraiche is preferred.
- I made these fritters in the oven, but you can fry them in the pan as well.
- They are good to store in the fridge for up to five days.
- You can also freeze them for meal prep purpose.
Ingredients for these Zucchini & Ricotta Fritters:
- Fresh herbs
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Zucchini & Cauliflower Fritters (Vegan, Paleo, Friendly, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Beetroot & Kidney Bean Burger (Vegan, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Purple Sweet Potato Patties (Vegan Friendly, Paleo, Gluten, Dairy & Grain Free)
- Spicy Meatballs with Herb & Yogurt Sauce (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Cauliflower & Leek Fritters (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Halloumi Fritters (Vegetarian, Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Beetroot Patties with Goat Cheese Cream (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
Zucchini & Ricotta Fritters (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- 2 Zucchini shredded
- 1 dl Ricotta
- 2 Eggs
- 1 dl Fresh herbs (I used parsley, basil and chives) finely chopped
- 1 Scallion (both white and green part) thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2-1 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Prepare a parchment coverd baking sheet.
- Shred and squeeze out excess water from the zucchini.
- Add zucchini and the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Form 5-6 equally sized patties and place on the parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.