This recipe is for delicious, warm and tender Porridge & Granola Stuffed Baked Apples. These apples are super easy to make, only requiring five minutes of your time and a few staple ingredients. Serve them for breakfast, brunch or as an afternoon snack. They are both vegan, gluten and refined sugar free.
Is there anything more comforting and delicious than baked apples during fall and winter? At least that’s always my go to when I want something delicious, warming and comforting to eat. And the great thing is that there are so many ways of making different kind of warm and baked apples. On of my favorites are stuffed baked apples! They’re so easy to make and can be served both for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert depending on what you stuff them with. These once are a breakfast or afternoon version stuffed with oats, granola and pieces of apples. They’re really so simple and easy to make yet taste amazing and tasty. These apples are both vegan, gluten and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- I used this cardamom porridge when making these apples. But if you don’t have a cardamom porridge blend then you can just use oats and cardamom.
- Use your favorite granola for these apples.
- Make sure to be careful when coring the apples not to break the sides or to avoid cutting them all the way through.
- I used Swedish winter apples when making mine. But just use an apple variety that you like.
- Try to find equally sized apples to make sure the baking time is the same for all of them.
- You can season the filling with additional flavors like vanilla, cinnamon, add raisins, fiber syrup/agave or anything else you like or have at home.
- These apples can also be served for dessert, but then I would replace the porridge with more granola instead and top them with ice cream or yogurt.
Ingredients for these Porridge & Granola Stuffed Baked Apples:
- Oats or Cardamom & Seed Porridge Blend
- Cardamom (unless you use above blend)
- Plant Based Milk
- Stevia vanilla drops (optional)
- Fiber syrup or agave (optional)
Porridge & Granola Stuffed Baked Apples (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- 4 Apples
- 1 dl Oats or Cardamom Porridge Blend (Check note 1)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Cardamom (unless you use the Cardamom Porridge Blend)
- 1 dl Granola
- 1/2 tbsp Plant based milk
- 2-3 drops Stevia vanilla drops (optional)
- 1-2 tsp Fiber syrup or agave (optional)
- Fiber syrup or agave, to top
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cut off the top of the apples and set them aside.
- Using a spoon or a knife gently scoop out the flesh. Place the apples in a baking pan.
- Chop the flesh (except for the core part) into smaller pieces and put in a bowl.
- Add the oats, granola, milk, vanilla drops and fiber syrup (if using) and stir to combine.
- Stuff the apples with the oat granola mixture and place the top of the apples back on top.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the apples are soft, tender and a little browned.
- Serve with fiber syrup or agave on top (optional).
3 thoughts on “Porridge & Granola Stuffed Baked Apples (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)”