This Sesame Fried Cauliflower Rice with Marinated Aubergine is an easy, delicious and quick meal that is prepared in only 15 minutes. You only need two vegetables and a few staple ingredients to make it. It’s vegan, gluten free (if using gluten free Hoisin sauce) and grain free. It’s a simple and fresh dish, yet has a lot of flavor and spice.
During weekdays I don’t have time to spend too much time in the kitchen. I want to make something easy only using a few key ingredients, yet something tasty and delicious. This dish has all of the above! Im only using two vegetables and a few staple ingredients plus some spices. And the great thing about this dish is that you can vary it and adjust it according to what you have at home. If you prefer to use regular rice instead of cauliflower rice, that’s swell. The dish will still be as tasty, it will just take a few minutes more to prepare. You can also adjust the spices and marinade to what you have at home. If you don’t have Hoisin sauce you can swap it for some honey or agave syrup. It will not taste exactly the same, but it will still get that caramelized surface and sweet flavor. The aubergine can also be swapped for zucchini or mushrooms.
Ingredients for this Sesame Fried Cauliflower Rice with Marinated Aubergine:
- Sesame oil
- Lemon juice
- (Gluten Free) Hoisin sauce
- Chili flakes
- Fresh ginger
Other recipes you might like:
- Zoodles with Broccoli & Almond Pesto
- Pappardelle with Tomato & Vegetable Sauce
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh (Oil & Gluten Free)
- Zucchini & Cauliflower Fritters (Vegan, Paleo Friendly, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Roasted Red Cabbage on a Tahini Yoghurt Dressing
- Open Lentil Moussaka (Vegan & Oil Free)
- Lentil Curry (Vegan)
Sesame Fried Cauliflower Rice with Marinated Aubergine (Vegan, Gluten Free, Grain Free)
- 1/2 big Cauliflower head riced
- 1-2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 small Aubergine/eggplant diced
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tbsp (Gluten Free) Hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- 1 cm Fresh ginger grated
- 1 Garlic clove (optional) grated
- 1 Scallion sliced
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Combine tamari, hoisine sauce, ginger, chili flakes,garlic (if using) and aubergine in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat two nonstick pans over medium heat.
- Add the marinated aubergine to on of the pans and fry on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until the aubergine starts to get soft and golden brown. Stir regularly to make sure it doesnt burn. Lower the heat if needed.
- When the aubergine has fried for five minutes add sesame oil to the other pan together with cauliflower rice and lemon juice. Let it fry for five minutes or until it starts to get a little soft and browned. I dont like to fry it for too long since I like it when it still has some crunch.
- When done, add the cauliflower rice on two plates. Then add the fried aubergine on top.
- Top with sliced scallion and fresh cilantro.
5 thoughts on “Sesame Fried Cauliflower Rice with Marinated Aubergine (Vegan, Gluten Free, Grain Free)”