This recipe is for a moist, delicious and healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins. These muffins are super easy and quick to make and only requires a few key ingredients. These muffins are healthy enough to have for breakfast or afternoon snack yet delicious enough to serve for dessert. They are both gluten, oil and sugar free.
These muffins are one of the most moist and tender muffins I’ve ever baked! Using both banana, yogurt and zucchini adds both a wonderful texture and sweetness to them and makes them incredibly moist. The banana provides a wonderful sweet taste, the yogurt adds a fresh feeling to them and the zucchini makes them tender and moist and gives them a wonderful texture. These muffins only require one bowl/mixer and 10 minutes of your time and will make you eat an extra does of vegetables without even thinking about it. These muffins are healthy enough to eat for breakfast or afternoon snack but delicious and sweet enough to have for dessert. They are both gluten, oil and sugar free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to squeeze out as much excess water from the zucchini as possible. Otherwise the muffins might get too wet.
- Mash the banana really well before adding it to the batter. There should be no big lumps left.
- The muffins will be quite sweet from the banana, so taste the batter before adding stevia sugar/sugar to the batter making sure you don’t make them too sweet.
- You can use either a muffin pan, silicon molds (that’s what I used) or regular paper tins when making these muffins.
- Let the muffins cool completely before removing them from the molds.
Ingredients for these Zucchini Muffins:
- Plain yogurt
- Stevia sugar
- Oat flour
- Rice flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Apple sauce or Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Cream Cheese Filled Banana Muffin Cups
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins with Crumble (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Zucchini Banana Bars (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Zucchini Banana Muffins (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
For the muffin
- 1 Egg
- 1 Ripe banana mashed
- 1 dl Plain yogurt
- 1-1 1/2 dl Stevia sugar
- 2 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Rice flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 dl Zucchini shredded
For the crumble
- 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Almond flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Apple sauce or coconut oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Stevia sugar, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Shred the zucchini and squeeze out the water.
- Combine the ingredients for the crumble and set aside.
- Add egg and sugar to a blender and mix until smooth and a little fluffy.
- Next add the mashed banana and yogurt and mix again.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and combine until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini using a spoon.
- Fill 3/4 of muffin cups/forms and sprinkle with crumble on top.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool before eating.