This recipe is for a tender, moist and super delicious Fig Coffee Cake. This cakes requires minimum effort yet tastes amazing and only requires a few staple ingredients. Serve it for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. This cakes is both gluten and refined sugar free.
Figs are one of my favorite fall fruits and I just indulge in them while I can! They are so great eat just as they are, to add in your cooking or to bake with. They are both rich in antioxidants, great for your digestion and can reduce blood pressure. And since they’re both sweet and juicy they add a lovely taste and texture to your food or baked goods. This cake is an easy and healthy coffee cake with fresh figs that is super easy to make and taste amazing. It can be served both for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert since it’s both gluten and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to buy juicy and sweet figs since they provide both moist and sweetness to the cake.
- Dice them into quite small diced, about the size of your pinky finger nail. You don’t want to have any too big pieces in the cake.
- This cake can be made oil free. Just replace the coconut oil with more apple sauce. But when making the crumble add just two tablespoons of apple sauce to start with and see if more is needed.
- When you have added the streusel on top of the cake, press it down gently to make sure it sticks to the cake.
- This cakes is good to store in an airtight food container for up to 4 days.
Ingredients for this Fig Coffee Cake:
- Oat flour
- Rice flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Coconut oil
- Apple sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Stevia granular sugar
- Vanilla extract
Other recipes you might like:
- Zucchini Banana Muffins (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Polenta Cake with Mascarpone Cream & Figs (Gluten, Egg & Sugar Free)
- Blueberry & Vanilla Cream Crumble Bars (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Oat Peach Bars
Fig Coffee Cake (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
For the streusel
- 1 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Oats
- 1/2-1 dl Stevia granular sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Figs finely diced
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tbsp Apple sauce (or more coconut oil)
For the cake
- 4 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Rice flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3/4 dl Apple sauce
- 1 1/2 dl Greek yogurt (or similar)
- 2 dl Stevia granular sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 Figs finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Line a 31*18 (or similar) baking pan with parchment paper.
- Start by making the streusel by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Next add eggs and sugar into a blender or a bowl and whisk until fluffy and fully combined.
- Add the yogurt, apple sauce, vanilla extract and coconut oil and mix until incorporated.
- Combine oat flour, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Gently fold in the diced figs into the batter.
- Add the batter to the lined baking pan.
- Add the streusel on top and press it down a little bit gently to make sure it sticks to the cake.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool before removing it from the pan and cutting it.
5 thoughts on “Fig Coffee Cake (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)”
Could you make this with dried figs?
Yes, you can swap the fresh figs for dried ones 🙂