This is a quick, easy, super delicious and healthy recipe for Baked Cod with Watermelon & Feta Cheese Salad. This dish only requires three main ingredients and 20 minutes of your time. It is perfect to serve for a fresh and quick weekday meal or a cozy weekend dinner. This dish is both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
A fresh fish dish is a summer favorite of my. It should preferably be fresh, easy, few ingredients and quick to make. And this dish ticks off all of these criteria. The fish is ready in 15 minutes and the watermelon salad & feta cheese salad comes together in no time. And still it tastes amazing, is both refreshing, fresh and flavorful at the same time. This dish has a bit of everything! You have the warm, delicate and tender cod fillet. Refreshing, sweet and juicy watermelon. Creamy and tangy feta cheese. And fresh mint. It is a tru summer dish that Im making over and over again. It is both great to make for a quick and easy weekday meal or for a cozy weekend dinner. It is both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I prefer to prepare my fish on a little lower temperature in the oven (150 degrees Celsius). This makes the fish very tender, juicy and prevents it from becoming dry and boring.
- Use a good quality cod fillet. This dish only includes three main ingredients and the cod fillet is one of them, hence you really want it to be fresh, tender and of good quality.
- The same goes for the feta cheese. Use a high quality feta cheese that is creamy and flavorful. Don’t use the cheaper once.
- Make sure to use a sweet and ripe watermelon and not a bland and tasteless one. The watermelon provides both sweetness and juiciness so you want it to be sweet and fresh.
Ingredients for this Baked Cod with Watermelon & Feta Cheese Salad:
- Cod fillets
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Feta cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Scallops with Spicy Mango Salsa
- Low Carb Cod with Orange Dressing (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Miso Fish with Bok Choy
- Asian Style Tuna Steak (Paleo, Keto, Low Carb)
Baked Cod with Watermelon & Feta Cheese Salad (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- 2 Cod fillets
- Sea salt, to taste
- Watermelon salad
- 1 Scallion thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celcius.
- Season the cod fillets with sea salt and black pepper according to taste.
- Place in an oven safe baking dish and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes (untit the inner temperature is 55-57 degrees Celcius).
- Meanwhile prepare the watermelon salad according to the recipe.
- When the fish is done place it on two plates and serve with watermelon and feta cheese salad and top with thinly sliced scallion.