This recipe is for easy, delicious and flavorful Grilled Vegetable Bites with Mozzarella & Pesto. This recipe only requires five key ingredients and 15 minutes of your time. These grilled vegetable bites are perfect to serve either as appetizers, finger food, include in a buffet or to serve as a side dish. They are both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Grilled vegetables are one of my key appetizers or sides to make. Like seriously, I make it all the time. These grilled vegetables bites with mozzarella and pesto are so easy to make, very flavorful and tasty yet simple and healthy. They only require five key ingredients and are ready in 15 minutes. And they are the perfect combination of warm, tender and softish vegetables topped with fresh and creamy mozzarella, fresh basil and flavorful pesto. These grilled vegetables bites with mozzarella are perfect to serve as appetizers, finger food, to include in a buffet or to serve as a side dish to your main course.
A few tips:
- When grilling or frying the vegetables make sure the grill or grill pan is really hot.
- Brush the grill or grill pan with olive oil to make sure they don’t stick or get burnt while preparing.
- The vegetables should be warm, tender yet not fully cooked through. You want them to hold some crunch and chewing resistance.
- Serve the grilled vegetables immediately while they are warm.
Ingredients for these Grilled Vegetable Bites with Mozzarella & Pesto:
- Red bell pepper
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Flatbread Pizza with Cherry Tomatoes, Mozzarella & Pesto (Gluten Free)
- Bresaola Chips with Tomato, Mozzarella & Mango Salsa (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Beef Tataki Appetizer Rolls (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Pimientos De Padrón with Vegan Cheese Dip (Vegan, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Aubergine Rolls with Spiced Cauliflower Couscous Salad
Grilled Vegetable Bites with Mozzarella & Pesto (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1-2 Aubergines (16 slices in total)
- 1 Red bell pepper cored and sliced into 1/2 cm thick slices
- 1 Mozzarella (sliced into 8 slices)
- 8 tsp Pesto
- 8 Basil leafs
- Olive oil, to grill/fry
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan.
- Slice the aubergine, red bell pepper and mozzarella.
- Brush the grill or grill pan with some olive oil.
- Grill or fry the aubergine or red bell pepper until grill marks start to form and the vegetables starts to get warm and tender.
- When the vegetables are done place 8 slices of aubergine on a plate. Top with a slice of mozzarella, a basil leaf and a slice of red bell pepper. Add another slice of aubergine on top. Top with pesto and serve warm.