This is a recipe for classic Pimientos de Padrón, but with a delicious, easy and cheesy dip. This recipe is really easy to make, only take 10 minutes and requires a few key ingredients. The dip can also be made using regular yogurt if non vegan.
Who doesn’t like pimientos de padrón? This is truly one of my favorite pre-dinner snacks or appetizers to make. They’re easy to make, ready in no time and everyone loves them. I guess the most common way of serving them is either just with sea salt on top or with some grated cheese on top. But I actually like serving them with a dip. I’ve tried many different tips, but this vegan cheese dip is one of my favorites. When making pimientos de patrón make sure not to add the pimientos to the pan until the pan is really really hot. You want the pimientos to get a brown and golden surface, get a little softened but still be crunchy when eating them. When the pimientos are ready I like to dry the excess olive oil off with a paper towel. Then make sure to add a generous amount of sea salt, sea salt is what makes this dish. The creamy, delicious yet gentle vegan cheese dip makes such a nice and fresh addition to the pimientos.
Ingredients for these Pimientos de Padrón with Vegan Cheese Dip:
- Pimientos de Padrón
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Vegan Greek yogurt
- Natural yeast
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
Other recipes you might like:
- Summer Crudité (Veggie) Skatter with Avocado Dip & Salsa
- Grilled Artichokes with Lemon & Caper Dip
- Sugar Snap Salad with Lemon & Chive Dip
- Grilled Avocado with Roasted Quinoa
- Aubergine Rolls with Spiced Cauliflower Couscous Salad
Pimientos de Padrón with Vegan Cheese Dip (Vegan, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- 100 g Piementos de Padron
- Olive oil, to fry
- Seasalt, to top
For the cheese dip
- 4 tbsp Vegan Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp Natural yeas (start with two and add more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp Dijoon mustard (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the cheese dip.
- Preheat a pan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- When the pan is really hot add the piementos and fry until browned.
- Put on a paper towl to dry off excess olive oil.
- Add a generous amount of seasalt on top.
- Serve with the vegan cheese dip.