This is a fresh and easy recipe for a delicious scallop carpaccio. It only requires a few ingredients and comes together in just 10 minutes. The combination of the raw and silk smooth scallop, together with the creamy avocado cream and the salty fish roe is amazing. I also added some radish and scallion to give it some crunch and a hint of peppery flavor. It’s light and refreshing and everything but boring.
Serve this dish as a starter or as a side dish if you’re making a big dinner with lot of small dishes. I’ve heard from people that they are afraid of serving raw fish and seafood. Don’t be! As long as you buy high quality ingredients and handle them as they should there’s nothing to be worried about. And it’s also such an easy way of using scallops, no need to cook! Just slice them up and add the topping.
Ingredients for this Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream and Fish Roe:
- Fish roe
- Tabasco (optional)
Other fish & seafood dishes you might like:
Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream and Fish Roe
- 3 Scallops thinly sliced
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Radish thinly sliced
- 8-10 tsp Black fish roe
- 1/2 Scallion(white part) thinly sliced
- 1/2+1/4-1/2 Lemon juiced
- 2-3 drops Tabasco (optional)
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Start by mashing the avocado and adding tabasco (if using), 1/4-1/2 lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Taste to see if more seasoning is needed.
- Slice the scallops thinly, they should only be about 2 mm thick.
- Arrange the scallops on a plate.
- Add small tsp of avocado mash and fish roe around the scallops.
- Slice the radhish and scallion and spread over the scallops.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the plate and garnish with cilantro.
7 thoughts on “Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream and Fish Roe (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)”