Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables. Haha, I feel that I say that about all veggies. But no, for sure, its top 5. I usually use green asparagus when making side dishes or in salads. But when I want to appetizer/starter I turn to white asparagus. White asparagus is not as elegant and light as green asparagus. It’s heavier and more filling. Therefore I feel it needs to be the main star of the dish, unlike green asparagus that can have a supporting role. This is a really simple, easy appetizer just using good quality ingredients and letting them talk for themselves.
Asparagus and seafood go so well together. As mentioned, I wanted to create a simple, light and easy appetizer with just three ingredients. So I chose two things that I love the most; asparagus and shrimps.
Ingredients for the White Asparagus with Shrimps:
- White asparagus
White Asparagus with Shrimps
- 6 White asparagus shaved (the top layer)
- 100 g Shrimps peeled
- Dill, to garish
- A pinch of Salt
- Peel the asparagus with a potato shaver.
- Cut the bottom 1-2 cm (the dry part).
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the asparagus and salt and let it shimmer for 7-10 minutes (depending on how soft you want them).
- Meanwhile peel the shrimps, so that you have about 100 g of peeled shrimps.
- Put on a plate, top with shrimps and dill.