This recipe is for a fresh, light and easy Crudo Salmon & Scallop Plate. This dish is super delicious, fresh and easy to make. You only need a few key ingredients, no cooking time and it is ready in only 10 minutes. This dish is perfect to serve either as a starter, light lunch, as a side dish, to include in a buffet or to make a little bigger and serve as a main course. It is both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
Who else loves raw fish and vegetables? I know I do! Of course, otherwise I wouldn’t be making this dish. But to be honest, raw fish and seafood is one if the best things I know. That is if it’s of good quality, fresh and properly prepared. A raw fish and seafood plate is fresh, delicate, yet flavorful with a lovely texture if you get it right. It does not at all feel slimy, disgusting or weird as many people might think. Quite the opposite. But when making a raw fish or seafood plate the key is to use really fresh and high quality ingredients. The raw fish/seafood will be the main ingredient in your dish, hence it needs to be fresh of good quality. The second most important thing is that it has to be thinly sliced so it feels fresh, delicate and light. You don’t want to get a big or too thick piece of raw fish in your mouth. It will feel quite like too much and it will grow in your mouth. And then you won’t like the dish for sure. So three main rules; high quality ingredients, fresh and not too thick slices. This dish is made with raw sashimi salmon and fresh scallops. Both of them are tender, light and delicate in taste. So I chose to pair them with raw and crunchy vegetables that add some texture and taste to the dish. You have the picante radish, earthy and crunchy asparagus and then the fennel with a subtile taste of liquorish. The dish is then topped with caviar/fish roe, fresh lemon juice, cilantro and furikake seasoning/sesame seeds. This dish is perfect to serve either as a starter, side dish, light lunch or why not make a bigger version and have it as a main course. It is both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use high quality salmon and scallops.
- Make sure they are fresh when you buy them.
- Slice them thinly, otherwise they might feel too big in your mouth.
- This dish is best eaten just when it is prepared. This will keep both the salmon, scallops and vegetables fresh and crispy.
Ingredients for this Crudo Salmon & Scallop Plate:
- Sashimi salmon
- Caviar or fish roe
- Sea salt
- Furikake sesasoning
Other recipes you might like:
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe
- Salmon Sashimi Popsicles with Avocado Cream
- Oyster Mushroom Ceviche (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Scallop Bites with Caviar & Shrimps (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Scallops with Spicy Mango Salsa
Crudo Salmon & Scallop Plate (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- 100 g Sashimi Salmon thinly sliced
- 4 Scallops muscles removed and thinly sliced
- 1 Asparagus thinly sliced
- 2 Radishes thinly sliced
- 1 Scallion (both white and green part) thinly sliced
- 1/2 small Fennel shaved
- 8 tsp Caviar or fish roe
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Sea salt, to top
- Furikake seasoning or sesame seeds, to top
- Cilantro, to top
- Start by removing the muscles from the scallops (unless already removed).
- Slice the scallops and salmon into very thin slices. Place on two plates.
- Slice radish, asparagus and fennel thinly unless a mandolin. Add on top of the salmon and scallops.
- Slice the the scallion and divide between the two plates.
- Add caviar or fish roe on top of the plates.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice, cilantro, sea salt and top with furikake seasoning (or sesame seeds).
3 thoughts on “Crudo Salmon & Scallop Plate (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)”