This recipe is for a delicious, tasty and easy dish made with Creamy Cauliflower Purée with White Asparagus. This recipe only requires a few ingredients and is really easy to make. Serve this dish for lunch, main course or as a side dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A mix of creamy, little crunchy, delicate and gentle, yet tasty and flavorful. That is what you get when making this dish. This dish is both easy, delicious, fresh and tasty at the same time. It only takes 20 minutes to make and perfect for a spring/summer lunch or dinner. You have a creamy cauliflower purée, cooked tender white asparagus, a wonderful and delicious wild garlic pesto and crunchy pistachio nuts. This dish can of course be made with any pesto that you like or prefer, but using wild garlic pesto is really delicious and recommended if you have the opportunity to make it yourself. Technically this dish is not vegetarian since parmesan cheese is not vegetarian (which is used in the pesto), but you can easily switch the parmesan cheese for a flavorful vegetarian cheese option if you want to make it vegetarian.
A few tips:
- I would recommend you to make the wild garlic pesto in advance to shorten the cooking time.
- You can also use any other pesto that you like or have at home. But this dish really is wonderful with the wild garlic pesto.
- You can switch the pistachio nuts for any other nuts that you like or have at home, or use sunflower or pumpkin seeds instead.
- I would recommend you to shave the outer layer of the white asparagus to avoid eating any woody and fibery part.
- Don’t cook the white asparagus for too long. It should be soft and tender but not overcooked.
Ingredients for this Creamy Cauliflower Purée with White Asparagus:
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- White asparagus
- Wild garlic pesto
- Pistachio nuts
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- White & Green Asparagus with Salmon & Browned Soy Butter (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- White Asparagus with Prosciutto (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus with Labneh Pesto (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- White Asparagus Soup with Scallops (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- White Asparagus with Shrimps (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Creamy Cauliflower Purée with White Asparagus (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1/2 medium Cauliflower head cut into smaller florets
- 1-2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 tsp Lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 White asparagus shaved and cut into smaller pieces
- 1-2 tbsp Wild garlic pesto (see note 1 below) or any other pesto that you like or have at home
- 6-8 Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Olive oil, to fry
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the water and let them cook until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile prepare the pesto unless already prepared in advance. See note 1 for the recipe.
- Bring water to a boil in another pot when about five minutes of the cooking time remains for the cauliflower.
- Peel the white asparagus using a potato peeler and cut into 2-3 cm long pieces.
- Add to the boiling water and lower the heat. Let them simmer for approximately 5 minutes, until tender and softened. Do not overcook.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain the cauliflower and mix using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the fried garlic, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper and stir to combine. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- Place the cauliflower at the bottom of a plate. Top with the cooked white asparagus, wild garlic pesto and chopped pistachio nuts.