This is a fresh, tasty and super delicious Mango Ceviche with Mixed Fish & Seafood. You only need a few easy ingredients and about 10 minutes to make this dish. It is great to serve either as a starter, side dish or even main course. This dish is both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb and can be dairy free as well using dairy free Creme Fraiche or mayonnaise.
I love eating tasty and fresh food. That is kind of always my go to. And ceviche is one of my all time favorite dishes to make. The best thing is that you can vary it endlessly by including different types of fishes, seafood, fruits and vegetables. But one thing is always the same, you need to make it with raw fish/seafood that is slightly marinated. Ok, this one has a twist to it, because it also includes charred char to add a lovely contrast to the raw cod and scallops. So you have a base of a creamy and fresh mango sauce that only takes two minutes to make. Then you have lime marinated cod and scallops. A wonderful and tender charred char with just a little bit of red core left. All of this is topped with crunchy fresh cucumber, sweet mango dices, red hot chili, crunchy red onion, fresh cilantro and some sesame seeds. This dish is just divine and taste amazing. The best part is that it is really easy and quick to make. Ready to serve in only 10 minutes. Serve it as a starter, side dish or main course.
A few tips:
- Use fresh fish and seafood of good quality since they will be eaten raw.
- Make sure to clean the scallop well and remove the muscle.
- Both the mango sauce and the marinated cod and scallops can be prepared in advance. The cod and scallops just get better the longer they get to marinade in the lime marinade.
- I made the char using a kitchen torch, charring it for 30-60 seconds, until golden brown, tender on the inside, but still with a little bit of a core left.
- You can also make the char in the oven or in a pan.
- I would recommend you to prepare the char and slice all the topping ingredients just when ready to serve.
- Adding Creme Fraiche or mayonnaise on top is optional. It is really great without, so it just depends on your preferences.
Ingredients for this Mango Ceviche with Mixed Fish & Seafood:
- Sea salt
- Cod fillet
- Char fillet
- Black pepper
- Red onion
- Red chili
- Sesame seeds
- Mayonnaise or Creme Fraiche (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Cod & Shrimp Ceviche with Grapefruit (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Lobster & Grapefruit Salad (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Scallops with Brussel Sprouts & Shiitake (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Scallops Italian Style (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Salmon Sashimi Popsicle with Avocado Cream (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Style Tuna Steak (Paleo, Keto & Low Carb)
- Summer Fruit & Scallop Ceviche (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Scallops with Spicy Mango Salsa (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Scallop Bites with Caviar & Shrimps (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Oyster Mushroom Ceviche (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Watermelon Ceviche (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
Mango Ceviche with Mixed Fish & Seafood (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
For the mango sauce
- 1 Mango peeled and diced
- 1/2-1 Lime juiced
- 1/2 Lime zested
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Water
For the topping
- 1 Cod fillet cut into smaller dices
- 2 Scallops cut into quarters
- 1 small Char fillet
- 1/2-1 Lime juiced
- 1/2 Lime zest
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, to taste roughly chopped
- 6-8 slices Cucumber cut in half-moons
- 1/2 Mango peeled and cut in cubes
- 1/4 small Red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red chili thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, to top
- 3-4 tsp Creme Fraiche or mayonnaise (optional)
- Cut the cod and scallops into dices/quarters. Combine with lime juice, lime zest, salt and black pepper. Let it rest in the fridge while preparing the rest of the ingredinets.
- Make the mango sauce by adding all the ingredients to a mixer and mix until smooth. The amount of water will vary depending on how ripe your mango is. Start by adding a little and then more as needed. Taste to check seasoning.
- I made the char using a kitchen torch. Place the chard on a plate. Turn on the torch and burn until golden brown and the meat starts to turn pink and tender. Do not burn or torch for too long. You want the fish to be golden brown, a little baked but still have a little raw core.
- You can also make the fish in the oven by turning on the broiler at 250 degrees. Wait until the oven is really hot and then bake the for about 30-60 seconds. Keep an eye on it all the time not to let it burn or oven bake.
- You can also make it in a frying pan by heating the pan with some olive oil on high heat. Sear the chard for 30-60 seconds.
- Place the mango sauce at the bottom of a plate or bowl. Top with the marinated scallops and cod, cucumber, red onion, chili, mango dices, charred char, sesame seeds and cilantro.
- Add Creme Fraiche or mayonnaise if preferred.
2 thoughts on “Mango Ceviche with Mixed Fish & Seafood (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)”