A delicious, tasty, quick and easy dish that is both yummy and healthy at the same time is what you have here. This Zucchini Noodles with Tuna is ready to serve in 5-10 minutes, only requires a few simple ingredients and so easy to make. Make this dish for lunch, dinner or meal prep purpose. It is both gluten, grain, dairy free and low carb.
You know those days when you just want something quick and easy to eat? But you still want to make it tasty, delicious and healthy? That’s when you should try this dish! These zucchini noodles with tuna are made with just a few easy yet delicious ingredients. With tuna as the base this dish becomes both filling but also at the same time light and not too heavy. The tuna is fried with a mix of sun dried tomatoes that add a sweet and tart taste, capers with lovely lemony notes, olives that add a hint of bitter and salty flavor and fresh juicy cherry tomatoes. You also have some balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and water from the capers to add some extra taste to the tuna mixture. I prefer to serve my tuna sauce with spiralized zucchini noodles to keep it light quick and fresh. But you can of course serve it with pasta, rice, quinoa or couscous if preferred. Make this dish for lunch, dinner or meal prep purpose. It is both gluten, grain, dairy free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use good quality cherry tomatoes to make sure they are sweet and juicy. Don’t buy the tasteless and bland ones.
- The amount of balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and caper water can be adjusted according to taste.
- I prefer to use canned tuna in water and then add as much olive as I prefer when frying the tuna. I also prefer olive oil over the oil canned tuna in olive oil is stored in.
- Don’t fry this dish for too long. It really goes very quick, and you only want it to get warm and just a little fried. Non of the ingredients need to be cooked, hence you only want everything to get warm.
- Add the zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes just at the end. You only want them to get a little warm. Especially the zucchini noodles, they should be warm and a little softened but still crunchy.
- You can serve this tuna sauce with regular pasta, rice, quinoa or couscous as well
Ingredients for this Zucchini Noodles with Tuna Sauce:
- Tuna (in water)
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Capers water
- Lemon juice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Canned Tuna Tartare (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Oil Free & Low Carb
- Raw Pad Thai (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini Pappardelle with Tomato & Vegetable Sauce (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Five Minute Spicy Tahini Noodles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad Bowl (Vegan, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Lemon Sauce & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Pasta Alla Norma (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Puttanesca with Zoodles (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Zucchini Noodles with Tuna Sauce (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- 1/2 Zucchini spiralized
- 1 can Tuna (in water) drained
- 6-8 Olives pitted and cut in half
- 1 tbsp Sundried tomatoes cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2-1 tbsp Capers roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Capers water
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Olive oil, to fry
- Preheat a nonstick pan with some olive oil.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, olive and capers and fry for1-2 minutes.
- Add the tuna and stir to combine. Fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Next add the lemon juice, water from the capers and balsamic vinegar. Stir together and fry for a few minutes, until warm.
- Add the zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes and combine with the tuna sauce.
- Place on a plate and top with chopped parsley.