This recipe is for a super quick, easy and delicious Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Lemon Sauce & Burrata. This dish only calls for a few staple ingredients and is ready to serve in maximum 10 minutes. Serve it for lunch or as a light and fresh diner/main course. This dish is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
My favorite meals and dishes are usually the once that only include a few key ingredients and are really quick to prepare. Like these zucchini noodles with a spicy lemon sauce and burrata. This dish is one of my favorite go to recipes when I want something that feels fresh yet tasty and flavorful but doesn’t require too much time or effort to make. The zucchini noodles are fried in a spicy lemon sauce that is made with red chili, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice and zest, which makes them both fresh and light but at the same time tasty and flavorful. To add some crunch to the dish and a nice nutty flavor I dry roasted some hazel and walnuts that I topped them with. These spicy lemon juice zucchini noodles are served with a light, fresh and super creamy burrata that pairs so well with the chili and lemon flavors and the crunchy nuts. This dish is perfect to serve as a starter, lunch or main course. It is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I prefer to use a smeller zucchini since they feel crunchier with less “soft core” in the middle.
- Use a good quality burrata that is really soft and creamy. Don’t use the cheaper once that are dryer and less creamy. It really makes a huge difference.
- When frying the zucchini don’t fry them for too long. They should just get a little soft and warm, not mushy and over cooked. They should still hold some crunch.
- I love to dry roast my nuts, but you can use any nuts you like.
- You can vary the amount of chili and garlic depending on how spicy you prefer your zucchini noodles. I prefer to use more chili and less garlic.
Ingredients for these Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Lemon Sauce & Burrata:
- REd chili
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Red Cabbage On A Tahini Yogurt Dressing (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Citrus & Mozzarella Salad (Gluten Free & Grain Free)
- Puttanesca with Zoodles (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
- Asparagus Frittata with Pesto & Burrata (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Grilled Aubergine & Zucchini with Hazelnut Pesto & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Zucchini & Ricotta Frittata (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sesame Fried Cauliflower Rice with Marinated Aubergine (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Grilled Aubergine with Roasted Garlic & Lemon Sauce (Vega, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Shaved Carrot Salad (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Raw Pad Thai (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Zucchini Noodles with A Fresh Sauce & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1 Burrata
- 1 Zucchini spiralized
- 1/4-1 Red chili minced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1/2 Lemon zested
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Olive oil, to fry
- Walnuts roughly chopped
- Hazelnuts roughly chopped
- Parsley, to top roughly chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat two nonstick pans over medium heat.
- Add the roughly chopped walnuts and hazelnuts in one of the pans and dry roast until golden brown and warm. Stir regularly.
- Add some olive oil to the other pan and fry the chili and garlic until golden brown.
- Add the zucchini, lemon zest and lemon juice to the garlic and red chili and fry just for 1-2 minutes, until the zucchini has softened just a little and is warm. Season with sea salt and black pepper according to taste.
- Place on a plate, top with the dry roasted nuts and fresh parsley.
- Place the burrata on the side.