This recipe for Cherry Chocolate Oat Cake is both quick, easy, healthy and super delicious. You only need a hand full of ingredients and five minutes to prepare it. Make this cherry chocolate oat cake for breakfast, as an afternoon snack or dessert. It is both vegan, gluten, oil , nut and sugar free.
Chocolate and cherries is one of the best combination is know! It’s a lovely taste combination of sweet, juicy and slightly tart cherries and rich chocolate. I don’t know about you, but I just love to eat them together. Therefore a cherry chocolate cake that can be eaten all day round had to be made! This is a really simple, easy and quick recipe for a cake that is made with just a few easy ingredients filled with a lovely home cooked cherry jam. This cake is both vegan, gluten, oil, nut and sugar free which makes it easy for everyone to enjoy. Have it for breakfast, as an afternoon snack or dessert.
A few tips:
- I used my home cooked cherry jam for this cake. Making a home made jam is really easy and a good healthy alternative to store bought ones. You can of course also use a store bought one if you prefer.
- If making the jam yourself I would recommend you to cook it in advance.
- The amount of sweetener and cacao powder can be adjusted according to how sweet and rich you prefer your cake. If adding more cacao powder you might need a splash more of milk.
- Fill the baking dish with 2/3 of the batter, then make a hole in the middle using a spoon and add 2-3 tbsp of cherry jam in it. Cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake the cake for 14-17 minutes, depending on how fudgy/well baked you prefer it.
- If making it for dessert you can top it with some vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients for this Cherry Chocolate Oat Cake:
- Apple sauce
- Plant based milk (I used almond)
- Oat flour
- Cacao powder
- Sugar free granulated sweetener
- Baking powder
- Cherry jam
Other recipes you might like:
- Raspberry & Nectarine Mini Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Yogurt Parfait with Cherries & Chocolate Waffles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Rhubarb & Cardamom Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Baked Oats (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Breakfast Apple Pie (Gluten, Nut, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Protein Mug Cake (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Chocolate Dutch Baby with Pears (Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free)
- Cherry Clafoutis (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Almond Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
Cherry Chocolate Oat Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Plant based milk
- 1 dl Oat flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1/3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Sugar Free granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp Cherry jam (see note 1 below for the one I used)
- Cook the cherry jam unless already done.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all the ingredients for the chocolate oats in a bowl. Taste to see if more sweetener or cacao powder is needed.
- Fill a small oven safe baking dish with 2/3 of the batter, make a hole in the middle using a spoon and add cherry jam inside. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake in the oven for 14-17 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer your chocolate cake.