This recipe for Roasted Cauliflower & Veggie Pita Breads is delicious, tasty, fresh and a little spicy. These pita breads are both quick and easy to make and can be adapted according to taste and preferences. Make these pita breads for lunch, dinner or bring them along on a picnic. They are both vegetarian and gluten free.
Making pitas, wraps, tacos and burritos is both delicious, easy and perfect when you just want to mix a lot of different ingredients and eat them in one bite! It’s a great and easy way to serve food for people with different food preferences and allergies, make a lunch or dinner feel cozy and welcoming by letting everyone prepare their own pitas, but also allows you to use up ingredients you have at home. These pitas are made with slightly spicy roasted cauliflower florets, which makes them very tasty and delicious but still light and fresh, warm fried bell pepper, fresh lettuce, crunchy red onion topped with a lovely tsatsiki and salty feta cheese. These pitas are both vegetarian and gluten free, but can easily be made vegan as well. You can also make them with chicken, halloumi or tofu.
A few tips:
- You can make the cauliflower and sweet potato fries in the oven or in an air fryer.
- I fried my bell pepper in a pan, but it can also be made in the oven or air fryer.
- The baking time for the cauliflower and sweet potato fries will vary depending on how large the florets are and how thick fries you make. It will also depend on if you prepare them in the oven or air fryer. But over all it takes 15-20 minutes.
- Check on and stir the cauliflower and sweet potato fries once or twice during the baking time.
- The amount of spices for the cauliflower can be adjusted according to how spicy you like your food.
- Make sure to squeeze out as much excess water as possible from the cucumber to make sure the tsatsiki doesn’t turn out too wet.
- I would not recommend you to assembly the pitas in advance to avoid the bread from getting wet from the tsatsiki.
- You can serve the fries on the side, but I also love to stuff the pitas with a few fries.
- This dish can also be made with chicken, halloumi or tofu.
Ingredients for these Roasted Cauliflower & Veggie Pita Breads:
- Pita bread (Gluten Free)
- Romain lettuce
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Chili powder
- Paprika powder
- Sea salt
- Chili flakes
- Olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Sweet potatoes
Other recipes you might like:
- Harissa & Honey Roasted Eggplant with Hummus (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Halloumi & Sweet Potato Stack (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Mediterranean Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Eggplant with Baked Tomatoes & Tomato Ajvar Sauce (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Hummus Bowl Three Ways with Chicken, Halloumi & Vegetable Skewers (Gluten Free)
- Grilled Halloumi Eggplant Bites with Chimichurri (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Shakshuka with Halloumi (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Baked Sweet Potato Halves with Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Panko Baked Avocado Tacos (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Eggplant/AUbergine with Lentils & Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Grilled Aubergine & Zucchini with Hazelnut Pesto & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
Roasted Cauliflower & Veggie Pita Breads (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- 3 Pita bread (Gluten Free) cut in half
- 2 Romain lettuce leaves sliced
- 1/2 small Red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper cored and sliced
- 1/2 medium Cauliflower head cut into smaller florets
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- Chili flakes, to taste crushed
- 1/2-1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/3 package Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 dl Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cucumber cored and grated
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove minced or grated
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 Sweet potatoes thinly sliced into fries
- Preheat the oven or air fryer to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Combine cauliflower with chili powder, paprika powder, chili flakes and sea salt. Mix to combine, making sure all of the cauliflower florets are covered in seasoning.
- Place in the oven or air fryer and roast for 14-18 minutes, until tender and golden brown. Stir once or twice.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into thin stripes and drizzle with just a little bit of olive oil. Bake in the oven or air fryer together with the cauliflower for about 10-15 minutes. Stir once or twice.
- Meanwhile preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat and fry the bell pepper until warm and fry marks start to form (you can also make it in the oven or air fryer).
- Core the cucumber and grate, squeeze out as much excess water as possible. Combine with greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Then just 1-2 minutes remain for the cauliflower and sweet potatoes, cut the pita breads in half and add to the warm frying pan, fry for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Assembly the pita bread by adding lettuce, cauliflower, bell pepper and red onion. Top with crumbled pita and tsatsiki. Serve with fries on the side or stack some fries into the pitas as well.