This recipe is for an easy and delicious Cherry Jam. It only requires three key ingredients to make and is a great alternative to store bought jam,. This cherry jam is both vegan and sugar free. Use it in baking, spread on a toast, top your breakfast bowl or serve with cheese.
This cherry jam is really easy to make and a great healthy and delicious alternative to store bought cherry jam! Pit the cherries, cut in half, add to a pot along with water and sweetener and let it simmer until the cherries are soft. Make the jam completely or half smooth by mixing it with a hand mixer or keep as is with bigger chunks in it. This jam is easy to vary by adding different seasonings and spices, a few ideas mentioned below in the recipe. Use this cherry jam in baking, on a toast, to top your breakfast bowl, eat it with pancakes, top your breakfast bowl with it or serve it with your favorite cheeses on a cheese board. This jam is both vegan and sugar free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to pit all cherries, you don’t want to end up eating a pit.
- Cut in half for a shorter cooking time.
- The amount fo sweetener can be adapted according to how sweet your cherries are and how sweet you prefer your jam. This jam is not something you store for years. It is a healthy low sugar/sweetener jam that can be stored up to two weeks.
- Let it shimmer on low heat until the cherries are soft and the jam has thickened. You might need to add more water during the cooking time.
- Check on it every now and then to make sure it doesn’t burn the bottom of the pot. Add more water if necessary.
- Store in a clean jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Ingredients for the Cherry Jam:
- Granulated sweetener (sugar free)
Other recipes you might like:
- Peach Sauce/Jam (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Plum Compote with Cinnamon & Ginger (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Plum Jam/Sauce (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Pear Sauce with Cardamom (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Whipped Goat Cheese Cream with Home Cooked Cherry Marmalade (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Balsamic Roasted Summer Fruits & Berries (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil & Refined Sugar Free)
- Cranberry Jam (Vegan, Gluten Free & No Added Sugar)
- Plum Chutney (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
Cherry Jam (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- 500 g Cherries pitted and cut in half
- 2 dl Water + more as needed
- 3-5 tbsp Granulated sugar free sweetener (adjust according to how sweet your cherries are and how sweet you prefer you jam)
- Fresh ginger grated
- Pit the cherries and cut them in half.
- Add cherries, sweetener and water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let the cherries simmer for 45-60 minutes. Stir regularly and add more water as needed. Cook until the cherries are soft, have fallen apart slightly and you have a jam that has the consistency you prefer.
- You can use a hand mixer to mix the jam to smooth/half smooth or leave as is with bigger pieces in it depending on what you're using it for and how you prefer your jam.
- Let it cool, transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
3 thoughts on “Cherry Jam (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)”