These easy Savory Egg Muffins are healthy, easy to make and super delicious. You only need a few key ingredients and one bowl to make them. They are both gluten, dairy and grain free and low carb. Make them for breakfast, when you need something “on the go” or for an afternoon snack.
How often do you wish that you just have a breakfast or a snack ready to grab when the hunger kicks in? If you do you need these savory egg muffins in your life (or in your fridge). These savory egg muffins are so easy to make, you only need a few key ingredients, one bowl and an oven. Just whisk the eggs, add some milk and the add-ins, divide between muffins tins and bake. Et voilà, you got yourself the most delicious, healthy and nutritious breakfast or snack. These egg muffins are as delicious warm as cold! This batch of egg muffins have a Mediterranean touch including sun-dried tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. But you can rally include anything you want in your batch. And that’s really the best thing about these egg muffins! They can be varied endlessly, so you won’t get tired of them!
A few tips:
- Make sure to whisk the eggs until small bubbles start to form on the surface. This will make the muffins fluffier and lighter.
- I recommend you to roughly chop the olives and sun-dried tomatoes. You don’t want too big bites neither too small ones, you still want to have some chunks for some chewing resistance.
- Make sure you divided the add-ins equally between the muffins tins. Some of the add-ins might end up at the bottom of the bowl, so make sure you don’t add all the add-ins to the last muffin tin.
- Fill 7/8 part of the muffin thins. They will rise quite much, but then sink a little when you take them out of the oven.
- The baking time may vary from 15-20 minutes. The muffins are ready when the eggs have set.
- Store the egg muffins in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Eat them cold or reheat them in the oven on low heat or in the microwave.
Ingredients for these Savory Egg Muffins:
- Sundried tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Yellow cheese
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Zucchini & Tahini Breakfast Cookies
- Five Seed Crackers (Vegan, Gluten, Flour, Oil Free)
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread (Gluten Free)
- Easy Five Ingredients Bagel (Gluten Free)
Savory Egg Muffins (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free, Low Carb)
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tbsp Sundried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Olives pitted and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp Feta cheese diced
- 1 tbsp Yellow cheese of choice (optional)
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 degreese Celsius.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl until small bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Add milk, salt and black pepper to the bowl and whisk again.
- Add sundried tomatoes, olives, feta cheese and yellow cheese (if using) to the egg batter.
- Grease the muffins tins unless your using silikon or non stick muffins tins.
- Divide the batter into muffin tins, filling them 7/8.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the eggs are set and golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes and remove from the tins.
2 thoughts on “Savory Egg Muffins (Gluten, Grain Free, Low Carb)”