These Apple Cinnamon Scones are both flavorful, delicious and healthy at the same time. They only require a few simple ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. Make them for breakfast, brunch or afternoon snack. They are both gluten and sugar free.
There are not many things that feel as cozy to make and eat as scones does. It’s my go to during a cold fall or winter day. They’re both very easy to make, made with ingredients you almost always have at home and require almost no effort from your end. These scones are apple cinnamon flavored which make them even better for a cozy winter bake. They’re made with oat and coconut flour and both butter and oil free. Instead of using butter I replaced it with apple sauce and greek yogurt. This also makes them less greasy and lighter than regular ones. Make these apple cinnamon scones for breakfast, brunch or afternoon treat. They are both gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- I used home made apple sauce that is unsweetened. But I used sweeter apples when making it since the apple sauce adds sweetness to the scones.
- The amount of cinnamon can be adjusted according to taste.
- If you want to you can also add pieces of apples to the batter. I did not do it for these scones though.
- The scones are ready when they are golden brown and the surface has cracked a little.
- Serve them warm or cold, they’re great either way.
Ingredients for these Apple Cinnamon Scones:
- Apple sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Oat flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Stevia vanilla drops
Other recipes you might like:
- Cream Cheese Filled Banana Muffin Cups (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins with Oat Crumble (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Apple Crumble Skillet Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Zucchini Banana Muffins (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Pear Crumble Bars (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Nut & Fruit Bread (Gluten, Oil & Egg Free)
- Zucchini Bread (Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Black Bean Bread with Seeds (Gluten, Egg & Oil Free)
- Pear Banana Bread (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread (Gluten Free)
- Easy Five Ingredients Bagel (Gluten Free)
- Easy Nut & Seed Bread (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Apple Cinnamon Scones (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 1 dl Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 dl Greek yogurt
- 3 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 3 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 5-6 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1/2 dl Xylitol
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add apple sauce, egg and Greek yogurt to a bowl and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and then fold into the wet.
- Kneed until you have a firm batter.
- Form small scones using your hands or make a big round one and then cut into eight pieces.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.