This recipe is for a delicious, tender and healthy banana bread with pears. This banana bread is easy to make, you only need one bowl and a few key ingredients. Make this banana bread and serve it for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert. It is both gluten, dairy, sugar and oil free.
Banana bread is my go to baking recipe when I want to make something easy, healthy and that I know will turn out good. It feels like you almost can’t fail a banana bread. They’re also so great to bake since you can vary them endlessly by just adding different add ins and flavors. I have a basic banana bread recipe that I always use, but then I just tweak it a little by using different flours, adding different sweeteners and using add ins that Im in the mood for at the moment. This banana bread with pears is amazing! It might be one of my best banana breads I’ve ever made. The pears add both a lovely sweetness and makes the bread so tender. Not to mention the caramelized pear on top. This pear banana bread is a huge winner and is perfect to have both for breakfast, snack or dessert. I actually love eating it both sweet and savory. It’s lovely with some cream cheese or a slice of cheese on top.
A few tips:
- Use really ripe bananas.
- Dice the pears finely not to have too big bites in the bread.
- Make sure that the pear pieces are evenly incorporated in the batter, making sure you don’t have too much pears in one place.
- I sued parchment paper to line the baking pan. But you can grease it using coconut oil if you prefer.
- Bake the bread for 45-55 minutes, its ready when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting it. Otherwise it might break while cutting.
- It is good to store in a plastic bag or food container for up to 5 days.
Ingredients for this Pear & Banana Bread:
- Ripe bananas
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Apple sauce
- Oat flour
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
Other recipe you might like:
- Salted Caramel Pecan Banana Bread (Grain, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Pear & Pecan Muffins (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar Free, Naturally Sweetened with Fruits)
- Zucchini Muffins (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins with Oat Crumble (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Pear & Banana Bread (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- 3 ripe Bananas mashed
- 3 Eggs whisked
- 5 drops Vanilla stevia drops
- 2 tbsp Apple sauce
- 3 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Almond flour
- 1/2 dl Coconut flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Pear diced
- 1 Pear, to top thinly sliced
- Preaheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine mashed banana, whisked eggs, stevia drops and apple sauce in a bowl.
- Combine oat, almond, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a seperate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the diced pear using a spitula.
- Add batter to the baking pan and top with thinly sliced pear.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes, until a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before slicing.