This recipe is for delicious, healthy and easy Pear Crumble Bars. These pear crumble bars are really easy to make and only requires a few key ingredients. They are healthy enough to have for breakfast or afternoon snack but also delicious enough to serve for dessert. These pear crumble bars are both vegan, gluten and refined sugar free.
I love baking with pears! I really think they are a bit underestimated and outshined by apples. Don’t get me wrong, Im a huuuuge fan of apples. But I also really love baking with pears. Pears provide a wonderful moist, texture and a delicious sweet taste to baked goods. These pear crumble bars are a good example on what to bake with pears. They are both easy to make, almost require no effort from your end and are both healthy and super delicious at the same time. I really love the delicious sweetness pears add to baked goods. Therefore I didn’t only use pear pieces in these bars, but also made a pear purée (don’t get scared now, you only need to add a pear to a high speed blender and mix for one minute) that I added to the batter. Since I used both pears and apple sauce as sweetener in these bars there’s almost no stevia in these, and the amount of stevia sugar can be adapted according to how sweet you prefer your pear bars. These bars are really great to serve both for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. They are both vegan, gluten and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- Use a sweet pear variety when making these bars.
- The pears should be ripe and quite soft. But not too ripe or soft. Because then the pear purée will become too watery a make the bars too wet.
- The pear purée can be replaced by more apple sauce, but that will result in the bars tasting less like pears.
- When dicing the pears make sure to make quite small dices, about the size of a pinky nail.
- Let the pear crumble bars cool completely and let them set before slicing them.
Ingredients for these Pear Crumble Bars:
- Coconut flour
- Coconut oil
- Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract
- Apple sauce
- Pear purée
- Nut butter (I used almond)
- Oat flour
- Stevia granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Other recipes you might like:
- Blueberry & Vanilla Cream Crumble Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chai Spiced Pear Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Apple Crumble Skillet Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Blueberry Skillet Crumble Pie (Gluten, Sugar, Dairy & Oil Free)
- Zucchini & Banana Muffins (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Fid Coffee Cake (Gluten, & Refined Sugar Free)
Pear Crumble Bars (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
For the crumble
- 1 dl Coconut flour
- 1 1/2 dl Oats
- 2 1/2 dl Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 4-5 drops Stevia vanilla drops (optional)
For the bars
- 1 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 2 dl Pear purée, about 1 1/2-2 medium ripe pears (or more apple sauce)
- 2 dl Nut butter (I used almond)
- 8 drops Stevia vanilla drops (or 1- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 2 dl Oats
- 1/2-1 dl Stevia granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 large Pear finely diced (about pinky finger nail size)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 20*18 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the ingredients for the crumble and set aside.
- Add two pears to a high speed blender and mix until you have a smooth purée. Don't use too ripe pears, then the bars will become too wet, they should be sweet and juicy but not too ripe. Or skip this step and use more apple sauce, but that will result in bars tasting less like pears.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl (first four ingredients).
- Next combine the rest of the ingredients (except for the pears) in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the diced pear gently until fully incorporated.
- Add the batter to the lined baking pan and add the crumble on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool completely before cutting them.
One thought on “Pear Crumble Bars (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)”