This is a recipe for an easy, healthy and super delicious Blueberry Skillet Crumble Pie. This blueberry pie only requires a few staple ingredients and 5 minutes of your time, the rest is taken care of by the oven. This blueberry pie is healthy enough to serve for breakfast or afternoon snack yet delicious enough to make for dessert. It is both gluten, sugar, dairy and oil free.
A good crumble pie might just be one of the best dessert ever invented. Especially since you can make it both very delicious and healthy at the same time. You can really use any berries or fruits to make this crumble pie, but one of my all time favorite pies is a delicious blueberry pie. This pie is really easy and quick to make. You only need a few key ingredients and five minutes to prepare it, the rest is taken care of by the oven. I made the filling with blueberries, stevia granular sugar and cinnamon… I just love adding cinnamon to my pies. It add a warm and familiar taste that make the pie both fresh yet warm and comforting. The crumble is made with oats, egg white, apple sauce stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract and more cinnamon. As you can see this blueberry pie is healthy, sugar free and nutritious yet sweet, crunchy on the top and super delicious at the same time. Serve this pie for breakfast, afternoon snack or as a dessert.
A few tips:
- Potato starch is used to capture and thicken the fruit juice from the pie, but it can be omitted if you don’t mind a more runny pie.
- Make sure to make an even layer when placing the crumble on top of the berries and not leaving too thick pieces anywhere. This will ensure an even baking time not leaving any crumble pieces wet or unbaked.
- If you prefer an even sweeter crumble you can either add some fiber syrup/agave or honey or more stevia granular sugar (or any sugar you’re using).
- I prefer to eat my pie warm. But it can be served cold as well.
- Serve this pies plain, with some greek yoghurt, ice cream or vanilla cream.
Ingredients for this Blueberry Skillet Crumble Pie:
- Potato starch
- Stevia granular sugar
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Egg white
- Stevia vanilla drops
Other recipes you might like:
- Oatmeal Bars with Berries (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Healthy Apple Crumble Skillet Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Blueberry Vanilla Crumble Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Peach Crumble (Vegan, Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
Blueberry Skillet Crumble Pie (Gluten, Sugar, Dairy & Oil Free)
For the filling
- 250 g Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp Poatato starch
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp Stevia granular sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
For the crumble
- 2 dl Oats
- 2 tsp Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Egg white
- 3-4 drops Stevia vanilla drops (or 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place in a iron skillet or an oven safe baking dish.
- Combina all the ingredients for the crumble. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- Top the blueberries with the crumble. Make sure to make an even layer and not leaving too thick pieces anywhere.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown.
- Serve as is, with greek yogurt or ice cream.