This recipe is for a tender, warm yet crunchy Glazed Point Cabbage with Spicy Dressing. This dish only requires a few minutes of your time (rest is taken care of by the oven) and a few key ingredients. It is perfect to serve for an easy weekday meal, as a side dish to your main course or to make for meal prep purpose. This dish is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
Baked cabbage is such a great, easy, versatile and delicious dish to make. It is both easy, wallet friendly and can be made in so many different ways. I always make a point cabbage either when I want something warm and filling, yet light and fresh or when I want a delicious, warm and tender side dish. It’s really such a great vegetable to use and can easily be seasoned and made to satisfy your craving or to pair with you main course. This dish is made with point cabbage that is glazed with agave and then served with cauliflower rice, a spicy sriracha sauce and topped with parsley and lime. This dish is really great to have on its own or to serve as a side dish to your main course. It is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- When baking the cabbage bake it on quite high temperature (200 degrees Celsius). You want it to get tender, a bit softened and golden brown. But you neither want it to burn on the outside and be raw on the inside nor have it fully cooked through without any chewing resistance.
- I made my cabbage vegan, but you can also use regular greek yogurt and honey when making this dish.
- Adjust the amount of sriracha sauce depending on how spicy you prefer your dressing. Start by adding 1-2 tsp and then more if desired.
- This dish can be served both cold and warm, but I prefer to serve it warm.
- If reheating just reheat the cabbage on low temperature in the oven or use a micro wave. Add the cauliflower rice and sauce afterwards.
- It is good to store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Ingredients for this Glazed Point Cabbage with Spicy Dressing:
- Point cabbage
- (Vegan) yogurt
- Sriracha sauce
- Cauliflower rice
- Agave, honey or fiber syrup
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Red Cabbage on a Tahini Dressing
- Grilled Aubergine with Roasted Garlic & Lemon Sauce (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Sweet Potato with Roasted Chickpeas (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Red Bell Pepper Hummus with Cauliflower Steak & Mediterranean Topping (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
Glazed Point Cabbage (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 1 Point cabbage divided into four or six wedges
- 1 dl Vegan yogurt
- 2-4 tsp Sriracha sauce(depending on how spicy you prefer your dressing)
- 1 dl Cauliflower rice
- A drizzle of agavge or fiber syrup
- Sea salt, to taste
- Parsley, to garnish roughly chopped
- 1/2 Lime cut into wedges
- Prehrat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Drizzle with agavge or fiber syrup and olie oil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Just until browned, a bit tender and soft, but still not cooked though.
- Meahwhile combine yogurt and sriracha in a bowl.
- Place cauliflower rice on a plate. Top with baked point cabbage and add the sriracha sauce on the side. Add chopped parsley on top and lime wedges on the side.