This recipe is for a super delicious, healthy and easy Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl. This smoothie bowl only requires a few staple ingredients and maximum 10 minutes of your time. Serve this apple pie smoothie bowl for breakfast, afternoon snack or even dessert. It is both vegan, gluten and refined sugar free.
Apple pie might just be my all time favorite dessert! Or it at least is my top three. It’s just something with the warm apples and cinnamon that bring back so many childhood memories. And it truly is such a comforting and amazing taste combination that I can’t come to think of a better one. I love apple pie everything! But sometimes you really don’t want to bake a pie (even though apple pie always is a good idea), but you still want the taste of apple pie. Thats when I make this apple pie smoothie bowl. It’s so easy and quick to make, is super healthy and literally taste like apple pie! I love making this apple pie smoothie when I want something fresh, cold and light but also sweet, comforting and yummy. This apple pie smoothie bowl is perfect to serve for breakfast, afternoon snack or even dessert. It is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- Use sweet and juicy apples for this smoothie bowl. Don’t use the more sour or tasteless once. The apples provide both sweetness and taste to this smoothie, therefore you need sweeter apples.
- I like to use one raw apple and one cinnamon fried apple for the smoothie. But if you don’t have the time to fry one of the apples you can just use two raw apples. It will affect the taste slightly and you might also need less milk if only using raw apples.
- The amount of milk will depend on how large your apples are and how juicy they are. So start by adding a little milk and then adding more if needed/desired.
Ingredients for this Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl:
- Almond milk
- Vanilla extract
Other recipes you might like:
- Green Pineapple Ginger Smoothie (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Mango, Peach & Kiwi Smoothie Bowl
- Nice Cream with Rhubarb & Strawberry Compote (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Blueberry Skillet Crumble Pie (Gluten, Sugar, Dairy & Oil Free)
- Pink Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Hasselback Apples (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Amaranth Porridge with Apples & Cinnamon (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Apple Crumble Skillet Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Gingerbread Granola (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the smoothie bowl
- 1+1 Apple
- 1 Banana
- 3/4-1 dl Almond milk
- 3/4 dl Oats
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2-1 tsp Vanilla extract
For the topping
- 1-2 tbsp Fried apple
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Core and dice on of the apples. Add to the pan with some cinnamon and about 1/2 tablespoon of water. Let them fry for about 5 minutes, until golden brown and softened.
- Meanwhile add core and cut the other apple into smaller pieces.
- Add the apple, banana, almond milk, oats, cinnamon and vanilla extract to a high speed blender.
- When the fried apples are done put about 1-2 tablespoons of the apples aside for the topping. Add the rest of the apples to the high speed blender.
- Mix the ingredients until smooth. Taste to check if more seasoning or milk is needed.
- Pour into a bowl and top with fried apples and granola.