This is a recipe for a tender, delicious and healthy Zucchini Bread. This bread is really easy to make and only requires 10 minutes of your time, the rest is taken care of by the oven. This bread is both gluten and oil free.
Home made bread taste a bit better than store bought. At least when comes to gluten free versions if you ask me. Not only can you make a super delicious gluten free bread at home easily, but you can also make it much more nutritious and healthy than a store bought one. I’ve worked my way though the gluten free bread alternatives at the store, and to be honest… 99% of the time Im so disappointed! They’re both boring, dry, tasteless and not to mention very expensive! Therefore I no longer buy gluten free bread at the store. Instead I make my own. At first I thought it was super hard to make a gluten free bread that was both tender, moist and flavorful. I kept on using the gluten free blends and always thought the bread turned out so boring. But then I started to experiment with non-blend gluten free flours and now I would never come to think of buying a gluten free bread at the store. It is seriously so easy to make your own gluten free bread that both tastes delicious, is moist and tender and also wallet friendly. And one of my favorite things to add to my home baked bread is zucchini! It really makes the bread extra tender and juicy, but does not have the taste of zucchini at all! And it’s a great way of eating more vegetables without even thinking about it! This bread is super easy to make, only requires a few ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. This bread is both gluten, sugar and oil free.
A few tips:
- I used Swedish filmjölk when making this bread, but you can replace it with butter milk or a plain yogurt.
- Make sure to squeeze out as much water from the zucchini as possible, to make sure the bread doesn’t become too wet.
- You can make this bread egg free by replacing the egg with flax egg.
- The baking time may vary depending on your oven. Use a toothpick to check the inside. The stick should come out clean or with a few crumbles.
- Let the loaf cool completely before cutting it, otherwise it might break.
- This bread is good to store for up to five days.
- You can also freeze the bread and store it for up 3-4 months. But I would recommend you to slice the bread before freezing it so that you can take out a few slices at a time.
Ingredients for this Zucchini Bread:
- Eggs/flax eggs
- Filmjölk/Plain yoghurt
- Apple sauce
- Baking poweder
- Baking soda
Zucchini Bread (Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- 8 dl Oats
- 3 Eggs or flax eggs
- 2 1/2 dl Filmjölk (for those of you not living in Sweden you can swap it for plain yoghurt)
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 large Zucchini shredded
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line or grease a baking pan.
- Mix oats into flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the oat flour.
- Add filmjölk/yoghurt and apple sauce and mix until smooth.
- Next add the eggs and mix again.
- Shred the zucchini and squueze out as much excess water as possible.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini using a spoon.
- Add the batter to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 55-60 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.