This recipe is for an easy, healthy and delicious Nut & Seed Bread. It is very easy to make and can be adapted depending on which nuts and seeds you have at home and prefer. This bread is both vegan and gluten free.
The one thing I can miss when eating gluten free is a good bread! There are many different gluten free option, but to be honest.. most of them are not that tasty, often a bit dry, always very expensive and not that healthy. That’s why I prefer baking my own bread instead of buying it. This easy nut & seed bread is really so easy to make, turns out very moist and tender and taste amazing. And the best part? It’s made with healthy ingredients only! This bread is really so easy and great to make, because you can vary it by using different type of nuts and seeds depending on what you have at home or in the mood for. I even love adding some dried fruits like raisins, apricots or cranberries to the batter.
A few tips:
- I used both buckwheat and oat flour for this bread. But you can replace the oat flour with more buckwheat flour if you like.
- Roughly chop the nuts for making sure they a every divided in the batter.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes before baking it. This will make the bread hold together better.
- Let the bread cool before removing it from the baking pan and cutting it.
- Store in a plastic bag for up to seven days.
- You can also freeze this bread. I would recommend you to slice it first.
Ingredients for this Easy Nut & Seed Bread:
- Buckwheat flour
- Oat flour
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Psyllium husk
- Baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Zucchini Bread (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Zucchini & Tahini Breakfast Cookies
- Five Seed Crackers (Vegan, Gluten, Flour & Oil Free)
- Easy Five Ingredients Bagel (Gluten Free)
- Nut & Fruit Bread (Gluten, Oil & Egg Free)
Easy Nut & Seed Bread (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 1 dl Buckwheat flour
- 1,5 dl Oatf lour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp Psyllium husk
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds (can be reaplaced by flaxseeds)
- 1/2 dl Almonds roughly chopped
- 1/2 dl Hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 1 dl Pumpkin seeds
- 1 dl Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 dl Sesame seeds
- 1/2 dl Flaxseeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3,5 dl Water
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 dl Oats
- Mix oat flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda, psyllium husk and salt in a bowl.
- Add chopped nuts and all seeds to the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Stir in the wet ingredients to the dry and combine well.
- Let the batter sit for approximately 30 minutes to give the seeds a chance to soften a bit and become a bit jelly-like.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool before taking it out from the loaf pan.