This recipe is for delicious, warming and comforting Baked Pears with Warm Syrup Sauce. This recipe is super easy to make, only requires a few minutes of your time and is made with just a few staple ingredients. Serve these baked pears for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. They are both gluten and sugar free, but can easily be made vegan and grain free as well.
I keep on saying it over and over again! Pears are such an underestimated fruit that most often is outshined by apples. But I would say that pears are just as delicious and great to use in both cooking and baking as apples are. They’re both juicy, sweet and absolutely delicious. I especially love warm baked pears! They get so soft and tender, sweet with a hint of a caramelized flavor and are really comforting. This dish is for easy baked pears that are served with an easy yet delicious warm syrup that has a hint of cardamom flavor, served with fresh and tangy greek yogurt and crunchy granola on top. All these flavorful make such a wonderful taste and texture combination as will be appreciated by everyone. Just imagine the sweet tender pears with a warm and sweet syrup, cold and fresh greek yogurt and the crunchy granola on top. Serve these pears for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. They are both gluten and refined sugar free but can be made both vegan and grain free as well.
A few tips:
- Use sweet pears when making this dish.
- If you want to make this dish vegan use fiber syrup or agave and a vegan greek yogurt.
- If you want to make this dish grain free make sure to use a grain free granola or just use nuts for the topping.
- I you serve this dish for dessert I would recommend you to just use chopped nuts for topping instead of granola.
- The baking time for the pears will vary depending on which pears you use and the size of them.
- The pears are ready when they’re tender, browned and a little caramelized.
- The amount of fiber syrup/honey/agave and water will depend on the consistency of the liquid sweetener and how thick you prefer your sauce. Start by adding a little water and then more if needed or desired.
Ingredients for these Baked Pears with Warm Syrup Sauce:
- Fiber syrup/honey/agave
- Greek yogurt
Other recipes you might like:
- Pear Pecan Muffins (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Roasted Persimmon with Yogurt & Nuts (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cardamom Poached Pears with Yogurt & Granola (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Granola & Nut Stuffed Baked Pears (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Hasselback Apples (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Roasted Figs with Greek Yogurt (Gluten, Grain & Refined Sugar Free
Baked Pears with Warm Syrup Sauce (Gluten, Grain & Refined Sugar Free)
- 2-3 Pears sliced in half and cored
For the warm sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Fiber syrup, honey or agave
- 1-2 tbsp Water
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Cardamom, to taste
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Fiber syrup, honey or agave, to top
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Cut the pears in half and core.
- Place in an oven safe baking pan and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, until soft, caramelized and tender.
- When about 5 minutes of the baking time remains place fiber syrup/honey/agave, water and cardamom in a small pot and bring to a shimmer. Stir regularly and let it get warm.
- When the pears are ready place them at the bottom of two bowls. Top with the warm syrup sauce, greek yogurt and granola. Drizzle more fiber syrup/honey/agave on top if prefered.