This crumble cake has a lovely, warm and soft inside topped with crunchy oat based crumble on top. You only need a few easy and simple ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare it. It is just as delicious, yet healthy, to serve for breakfast or as an afternoon snack, but also delicious and scrumptious enough to have for dessert. These plum and fig crumble cakes are vegan, gluten, oil and sugar free.
Even though I love baking I don’t always feel like making something too time consuming. That’s when crumble cakes and pies come so handy! Not only are they absolutely delicious, quick and easy to make.. there’s also something about that rustic look and feeling that add such a cozy and warming feeling. I don’t know if there is any other sweet bake that feels so comforting as a crumble pie does. It really gives me a feeling of being back at my childhood home, feeling warm and secure.
Another wonderful thing about crumble pies is that you can vary and adapt them depending on the season, the fruits and berries you have at home and what you’re in the mood for. This crumble pies is made with sweet, slightly tart soft plums, fresh sweet figs that have a hint of honey-like taste and a lovely moist and creamy inside with crunchy additions from the seeds. The crumble is made with oats and chopped walnuts to make it crunchy and add nutty flavor. Serve these easy, delicious and healthy crumble pies for breakfast, as an afternoon snack or dessert.
A few tips:
- Use ripe but not over ripe plums that are sweet and not too tart. But you still don’t want them too ripe so they get all mushy when baked.
- The same goes for the figs.
- I did not use any sweetener for the fruits since they’re sweet enough for my taste. But you can add some granulated sweetener according to taste.
- The amount of sweetener for the crumble can be adjusted according to how sweet you prefer your crumble pie.
- This crumble pie can be prepared in advance and reheated, but it tastes much better when freshly baked.
- You can serve these crumble pies just as they are, with some yogurt, vanilla sauce or ice cream on top.
Ingredients for these Plum & Fig Walnut Crumble Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free):
- Pat flour
- Coconut oil
- Apple sauce
- Fiber syrup/agave or granulated sweetener
Other recipes you might like:
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Chia Pudding Tartlet (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar)
- Blueberry Vanilla Cream Crumble Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Oat Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
Plum & Fig Walnut Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the crumble
- 1 dl Oat flour
- 3/4 dl Oats
- 2 tbsp Walnuts roughly chooped
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Apple sauce
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp Fiber syrup/agave or sugar free granulated sweetener
For the filling
- 2-3 Plums pitted and diced
- 2-3 Figs diced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Dice the fruits and combine with cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the crumble.
- Divide fruits between two small oven safe bowls. Top with the crumble. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown.