This recipe is for a rich, delicious and healthy Chocolate Cheesecake Tartelette. This tartelette is only requires a few easy ingredients and 10 minute of your time to prepare. It is healthy enough to serve for breakfast or afternoon snack but also delicious enough to have for dessert. It is both gluten, refined sugar free and low fat.
I’ve never been a big chocolate lover. I know, I know… what’s wroooong with me? But lately since I’ve started to bake myself and had the possibility to make my own chocolate recipes I’ve definitely changed my mind. I’ve never turned down a pieces of chocolate, but I’ve never ever made anything with chocolate for breakfast or even ordered any chocolate desserts. I’ve always felt they were too heavy, too sweet or to chocolaty. But the great thing with baking yourself is you get to set the rules. And when I’m creating recipe I really try to make them easy to adapt according to different preferences. I like my chocolate desserts to have a bit of sweetness, but just a hint. They should be quite rich on the chocolate, but it shouldn’t be the only flavor you can taste. I also prefer them more light, not having the feeling your gonna get into a food coma after eating it. And this chocolate cheesecake tartelette has all of that if you ask me. The crust is made with oats, dates, cacao powder, fiber syrup and coconut oil. The delicious chocolate cheesecake filling is rich yet light and doesn’t get too heavy. It’s made using cottage cheese and greek yogurt, which makes it creamy and delicious yet not too heavy or overwhelming.
A few tips:
- Make sure to use juicy dates and not the dryer once. If they are a bit dry place them in a bowl and pour hot boiling water over them and let them soften for 10 minutes or so.
- This cheesecake filling is versatile and can easily be adapted to different preferences. You can easily add some more sweetener or even chocolate if you want to.
- If you prefer it more like a regular cheesecake you can use creme cheese instead of cottage cheese. The texture might change slightly and the baking time as well. Just make sure it still is a bit wobbly in the middle when you take it out of the oven. Otherwise it will become dry and boring. But I would really recommend you to try this cottage cheese version, most people haven’t noticed that I used cottage cheese instead of cream cheese.
- I topped my tartelettes with pistachio nuts and fresh figs, but you can top it with any fruits or berries that are in season.
Ingredients for these Chocolate Cheesecake Tartelettes:
- Cacao powder
- Fiber syrup
- Desiccated coconut
- Coconut oil
- Cottage cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Stevia granular sugar
- Corn starch
- Stevia vanilla drops
Other recipes you might like:
- Healthy Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Three Ingredient Bananan Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Cheesecake Tartelette with Cottage Cheese (Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Grain Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Popsicles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Chocolate Cheesecake Tartelettes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free & Low Fat)
For the crust
- 4 dl Oats
- 8-10 Soft dates pitted
- 5 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Fiber syrup (or more if needed)
- 2 tbsp Desiccated coconut (optional)
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
For the chocolate cheesecake
- 250 g Cottage cheese
- 2 dl Greek yogurt
- 1/2-1 dl Stevia granular sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 tbsp Corn starch
- 6-7 drops Stevia vanilla drops or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 dl Cacao powder (depending on how rich you prefer you cheesecake)
- Mix the ingredients for the crust in a blender.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add the crust to tartlette tins and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until it starts to get cruchy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile add cottage cheese and yogurt in a blender and mix for a minute until smooth.
- Add rest of the ingredients for the chocolate cheesecake and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Take the crust out of the oven and lower the temperature to 175 degrees Celsious.
- Add the cheesecake filling to the thins and bake for another 15-20 minutes. They should still be a little wobbly in the middle.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool completely.
- Add topping of your choice and enjoy!