This is a recipe for a super yummy and delicious Roasted Peach and Nectarine Butter. All you need is a hand full of ingredients and five minutes to prepare it, the rest is taken care of by the oven/air fryer. Use this roasted peach and nectarine butter in baking, as a spread on toast, top your breakfast bowl with it, add it to a cheese board or eat it with ice cream for dessert. This roasted peach and nectarine butter is vegan, gluten, grain, oil and sugar free.
Making your own fruit sauces, spreads, jams, compotes and butters is such an easy, wallet friendly and great way of using seasonal fruits and berries. I always make my own and rarely buy them in the store. Not only are they easy to make, much more wallet friendly than most store bought ones, and easy to vary by different flavorings and pairing depending on what you’re in the mood for. But they’re also a great if you want to eat healthier food with no unnecessary conservatives or add-ins that store bough sauce and jams can contain. This roasted peach and nectarine butter is oven/air fryer baked and ready in 2-3 hours. Just dice the peaches and nectarines, combine with the rest of the ingredients and let the oven/air fryer take care of the rest. By making it in the oven/air fryer instead of cooking it this roasted peach and nectarine butter has a deeper flavor, with hints of caramelized notes and a sweeter taste to it. It is vegan, gluten, grain, oil and sugar free.
A few tips:
- You can use any peaches and nectarines that you like, prefer or have at home. You can also mix different varieties to add more complexity and notes to the butter.
- I used both regular monk fruit and brown monk fruit sweetener for this roasted peach and nectarine butter. You can use just one or the other, but that will affect the taste slightly. The brown monk fruit sweetener add caramelized and deeper notes and flavor, while the white monk fruit sweetener add more sweeteners to the butter.
- The amount of sugar/sweetener can be adjusted according to taste and how sweet you prefer your peach and nectarine butter.
- I added cinnamon to this peach and nectarine butter, but just a hint to add a warm taste to it. You can however experiment with the flavoring by trying different seasonings and condiments. Vanilla, cardamom, a splash of Campari (yes it adds a nice lovely flavor to the butter) or chili to mention a few.
- The apple cider vinegar adds a lovely tangy and deep flavor to the apple butter and I would recommend not to skip it.
- Make sure to use a clean jar for the peach and nectarine butter to make sure it doesn’t turn bad quickly.
Ingredients for this Oven Baked Apple Butter:
- Apple cider vinergar
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Sugar free brown sugar
- Sugar free granulated sweetener
- Cinnamon (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Oven Baked Apple Butter (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Oven Baked Pear Butter (Vegan, Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Jam (Vegan, GLuten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Rhubarb Compote (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Balsamic Roasted Summer Fruits & Berries (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil & Refined Sugar Free)
- Cranberry Jam (Vegan, Gluten Free & No Added Sugar)
- Raspberry Chia Jam (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Pear Sauce with Cardamom (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Persimmon Sauce (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Applesauce (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Peach Sauce/Jam (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Roasted Peach & Nectarine Butter (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil & Sugar Free)
- 2-3 Peaches pitted and diced
- 2-3 Nectarines pitted and diced
- 1/2 (1/5) dl (cups) Applecider vinegar
- 1-2 (1/2-1) dl (cups) Water
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2-1 tsp Sea salt
- 3-4 tbsp Brown monk fruit sweetener
- 3/4-1 (3/5-4/5) dl (cups) Monk fruit sweetener
- Cinnamon, to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius or an air fryer to 135 degrees Celsius.
- Place the diced peach and nectarine in an oven safe pan or dish.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and start to combine.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 2-3 hours, stirring every now and then. Add more water as needed. The butter is done when the peaches and nectarines are soft and slightly caramelized.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes. Mix until it reaches desired texture using a stand mixer.
- Pour into a clean jar. Store in the fridge.