A lovely recipe for a delicious and easy summer bake! These Roasted Peach & Nectarine Butter Squares are yummy, perfectly fudgy, easy to make and perfect to eat throughout the summer. These Roasted Peach & Nectarine Butter Squares are made with a few easy ingredients, easy to make and will be appreciated by everyone! They are gluten, oil and sugar free.
Peaches and nectarines, two of my favorite summer fruits! I love to use them in salads, breakfast bowls, make jams and condiments out of them, eat just as are or use them in baking! These squares are made with sweet, flavorful roasted peach and nectarine butter with caramelized tones in it. The peach and nectarine butter is swirled into the batter, making sure you feel the flavor of it in every bite. It also has dollops of a sweet curd/farmers cheese mixture on top of it, that add a creamy and fresh taste and texture to the cake. Last but not least, sliced peaches and nectarines that add a nice chewing resistance while still being soft and tender. Simply a yummy, delicious, sweet yet fresh cake that is perfect to eat throughout the summer. These peach and nectarine squares are healthy enough to have for breakfast but delicious and yummy enough to eat afternoon snack or dessert.They’re gluten, oil and sugar free.
A few tips:
- I made my own Roasted Peach & Nectarine Butter that I used in this recipe. It is really easy to make, and totally worth it! You can however use a peach/nectarine jam if you don’t have time or the possibility to make your own peach and nectarine butter.
- I used my Farmers Cheese recipe for the sweet cheese topping. This farmers cheese is truly my favorite to use for these type of sweet cheese fillings/toppings. You can however use ricotta, curd or cottage cheese as well. If using cottage cheese I would recommend you to mix the sweet cheese batter using a stand mixer to get a creamier and smoother texture. It does not have to be completely smooth (the farmers cheese mixture is not completely smooth either).
- If using my Farmers Cheese recipe you might want to start by skipping the yogurt/quark stated in the recipe, then add some if needed to make it creamier.
- You can adjust the amount of monk fruit/sweetener and cinnamon according to taste.
- Adjust the baking time according to how fudgy/cakey you prefer your squares.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing it.
- Store the squares in the fridge for 5-6 days.
Ingredients for these Roasted Peach & Nectarine Butter Squares:
- Curd/Farmers Cheese/Ricotta/Cottage Cheese
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Brown monk fruit sweetener
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Oat flour
- Rice lour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Roasted Peach & Nectarine Butter
Other recipes you might like:
- Peach Galette (Gluten, Sugar Free & Less Fat)
- Healthy Oat Peach Bars (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Rhubarb Cardamom Cake (Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Rhubarb, Strawberry & Vanilla Custard Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Almond Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Raspberry Crumb Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Mini Vanilla Pies with Berries (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Ricotta Cake with Raspberries (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Walnut & Honey Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (Gluten, Oil & Refined Sugar Free)
- Apple Ricotta Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Polenta Cake with Mascarpone Cream & Figs (Gluten, Egg & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Clafoutis (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Mini Rhubarb Muffin Loaves (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
Roasted Peach & Nectarine Squares (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
For the curd cheese
- 100 g Curd/farmers/ricotta/cottage cheese (see note 1 for recioe)
- 2 tbsp Yogurt/quark/Greek yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 tbsp Monk fruits sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
For the cake
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 (2/3) dl (cups) Monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 (1/5) dl (cups) Brown monk fruit sweetener
- 1 (2/5) dl (cups) Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (2/5) dl (cups) Plain yogurt
- 1/2 (1/5) dl (cups) Milk or water
- 6-7 Vanilla stevia drops
- 1 1/2 (2/3) dl (cups) Oat flour
- 1 (2/5) dl (cups) Rice flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 1 (2/5) dl (cups) Peach & Nectarine Butter (see note 2 for the recipe)
- 1 Peach pitted and sliced
- 1 Nectarine pitted and sliced
- Make the farmers cheese according to note 1, unless using ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Make the peach & nectarine butter according to note 2.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 20*30 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the sweet cheese filling by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Taste to check if more sugar or cinnamon is needed. If using cottage cheese you might want to mix the cheese mixture using a stand mixer.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add eggs, both monk fruit sweeteners and beat using a hand mixer for about 2 minutes to another bowl, until the mixture turns pale and fluffy.
- Add the applesauce, yogurt, milk/water and vanilla drops. Mix just until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir just until combined.
- Pour about half of the batter into the lined baking pan. Dollop peach and nectarine butter into the batter, then swirl gently using a knife.
- Pour the remaining batter into the baking pan.
- Dollop the cheese mixture over the cake batter.
- Add sliced peaches and nectarines on top of the cake.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes.The cake is ready when it is golden brown on the top and an inserted toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing it.